1801 center console???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archiedog

Reaction score
I heard that the ride on these boats are wet just wondering if anyone has owner experience with the boat and ride and how good the quality of the boat is. Also what is top speed? Thanks in advance :)

Asking if it is a wet boat is very subjective and opened ended unless it is compared to something. Yes, with the right sea and wind conditions, I can get spray in the boat, that is true of any boat. Good news is, anything that washes on - washes off. I would say mine is a very solid boat. You are not going to sink. Top speed on mine is 43mph with 115hp 2 stroke. I love mine. Check out this link to see it running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNeX0JSaoXA

The last 10 seconds oF this video (after the boat pass from the right) is WOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6OCMbDD ... re=related

Different strokes for different folks - for the way I use a boat, it's perfect for me.

Best of luck,

I own an 1801 and I think the bow could definitely stand some flare. You'll get sprayed, but the solid ride is tough to beat. Not a nimble boat, not a speed demon...but a quality built, durable boat that I'll keep for a long time.

They make Grundens for a reason :D Not that I have been on a ton of 18' boats, but I would say that they are on the wet side and do pound a bit. That said, it is an amazing hull that can handle some very nasty conditions. Every hull is a compromise and I like how mine stacks up.

fogwarning - what prop are you running? I top out at 32mph in those conditions.

Not wet unless there is a side wind in chop...Haven't ridden in a CC that didn't have that problem....1801-115 yamaha 4-stroke..not much out of the hole.good top speed..38 mph. good sturdy boat.

SamR, pull the anchor in... j/K

My prop is a 13 1/4 x17 K.... not sure what the "k" means. Speed of 43 MPH measured with GPS. Was running with the wind and ~ 1 foot chop. There is no bottom paint and no T top. Just the standard factory hull. This is a 2 stroke yama - what are you running??

Thanks for the response everyone. This will be my 3rd boat so im hoping third times the charm. 1st boat sunk at dock bilge failed....2nd boat too small. Again thanks for all the info

SamR":k17ccx86 said:
They make Grundens for a reason .

Well said, I owned one for 4 seasons. Whether you guys want to debate on what classifies as a wet boat...thats completely subjective and there is no way to get everyone on the same page with that "wet" classification or judgment. With this being said, you are going to get wet on that boat with any type of a cross BREEZE, hands down.

Back