1801 gunnel height

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donut

Reaction score
looking to purchase a new boat. have been researching a selcect few makes and the parker is one of the nicer ones, really impressive. i live in the chesapeake bay area and looking for a 18 ft. boat that is capable of handling the choppy days. i have been unable to find information reguarding the hieght of the gunnels on the 1801. is there anyone that could tell me the height of the gunnels?

thank you for your help.

Donut, I just had a chance to go out in the driveway and take a couple of measurements. The top of the gunwale to the painted waterline measured 26" amidship, adjacent to the helm. At the port-side stern the measurement was 2 inches shorter. Further forward near the bow was even greater but I didn't take a measurent, and will if you still need it.

Donut,
I had an 1801 for 4 years and loved it for the Chessie. I run out of Deale.
During that time I never once took water over the bow or gunnels, and I was definately out in some conditions when I shouldn't have been.
It will handle the typical 1-2 ft chop with no problem, and 3-4's without concern that the boat can't take it, although you will get wet from windblown spray under those conditions, as you would in any CC of that size.
Broke my heart to sell that boat but I got 7 more feet and a cabin !!!!
If you buy, I would recomend some trim tabs, really makes a good ride better.

Latest posts

Back