1801 Trolling Motor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reid davis

Reaction score
I know there have been a couple posts on the subject based on the searches I did, but didn't see any posts covering the couple answers I was looking for. I am looking to purchase a bow mounted trolling motor for my 99 1801 and was wanting to see if there was any feedback on the best lb thrust to get the job done even in a stiff current. Will 80lb do the trick? A friend has an 80lb on a 17 keywest, but is about 900lbs lighter. Also, what length shaft? Any other words of wisdom would be appreciated. thanks, Reid

I saw a boat for sale in october on both this site and the hull truth. The boat was in NJ and it was an 1800 parker with a bow mounted trolling motor. The boat's name was plug'n and the Forum Members name was Afishionado. If memory serves me it was a friends boat he was trying to sell but the set up looked like what you wre looking for.

There was also a reference to a setting up a bow mounted trolling motor on an 1800 with the large bowrails in place. They were referred to a Boston Whaler site. You'll have to look at the october november postings an I think you'll find it.

Good Luck

What do you know. The boat is up for sale and it was posted today. Check the For sale part of the forum and the photo of the boat is there.
That was wierd. :?:

Thanks Flydoc. Saw that thread and have e-mailed afficianado to see if he could help me with my questions. Haven't really seen an opinion on any threads to date regarding motor thrust or shaft length feedback....any other tid bits folks could provide would be helpful. Regards, reid

Latest posts

Back