1995 Parker 1800 new to me: a few questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piyc_donp

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a very nice used 1995 Parker 18 with a 2000 115hp johnson. I have a few questions maybe someone can answer.

1. The plexiglass windshield is broken. Can you suggest a good place to order a new one? Someone told me about a company that has them all much cheaper than going to the manufacturer, but he can't remember the name of the website.

2. How much fuel does a '95 1800 hold? The new ones hold 60 gals I think, but if my older one does, I burned thru some major fuel yesterday on my first day out(so I'm hoping it holds less!).

3. Is there a good source to go to if I want a bow dodger? The boat does not have one now and it might be good to have.

4. Any other bits of wisdom to be shared from other 18 owners?

thanks,

DonP

piyc_donp":3gz789hc said:
Hi, I just bought a very nice used 1995 Parker 18 with a 2000 115hp johnson. I have a few questions maybe someone can answer.

1. The plexiglass windshield is broken. Can you suggest a good place to order a new one? Someone told me about a company that has them all much cheaper than going to the manufacturer, but he can't remember the name of the website.

2. How much fuel does a '95 1800 hold? The new ones hold 60 gals I think, but if my older one does, I burned thru some major fuel yesterday on my first day out(so I'm hoping it holds less!).

3. Is there a good source to go to if I want a bow dodger? The boat does not have one now and it might be good to have.

4. Any other bits of wisdom to be shared from other 18 owners?

Don...

1.) Try your local dealer first. They might just have one in stock.

2.) Pop the deck plate over the tank. There is a label there that will tell what the tank holds.

3.) Best option for a dodger, or any canvas for that matter... is a local canvas or sail shop.
Custom made, and locally sourced.

Holds 40 gallons of fuel
If you look in the classifieds of On The Water a company advertizes for windshields I'm sure they would be cheaper than getting one from Parker.
At my local dealer prices for replacemnt Parker parts are insane.

I have the same boat with a yammi 115. For the record there was a 60 gallon upgrade on this boat. Mine has it, it is even listed on the Bill of Sale... that said, 40 gallons was standard issue.

Yup. these 2 strokes drink fuel and the more you run the trottle, the more she will drink. Knock the RPMs back to 4500 and she still runs good and is not as thirsty.

Good luck, Bill

Back