1999 OX66 Salt Water Series Prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker 2310

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently do not have a spare prop on board and want to buy one before the season starts again. I seem to remember that Megayte and TimC2520 are running the same engine as I am.

My question is what is a good prop to run on it while pushing the 2310 DV? I found a performance bulletin that shows the engine was tested on the 2310 using a 13.75 Diameter and 17" Pitch three blade. Are there any thoughts on a good prop to buy. I am not at the boat this week to see what is on it right now, but what ever i get will likely go on now and the old one will be the spare.

Any thoughts on what will give me the best performance?

Walt, I'd have to pull the paperwork on mine, it's still original, but on the motor now and under a lot of snow. I have a mod-v though, older 14 degree version. I'm happy with the prop, had it recond about 2 years ago, had him remove the paint and polished it up. He may have put a sharper cup in it also. Picked up some top end, not sure of fuel burn as I do not have a fuel management guage. Looks new, though 11 years old.
Will get you the #'s off of it as soon as possible.

Parker 2310":3cwv45h9 said:
I currently do not have a spare prop on board and want to buy one before the season starts again. I seem to remember that Megayte and TimC2520 are running the same engine as I am.

My question is what is a good prop to run on it while pushing the 2310 DV? I found a performance bulletin that shows the engine was tested on the 2310 using a 13.75 Diameter and 17" Pitch three blade. Are there any thoughts on a good prop to buy. I am not at the boat this week to see what is on it right now, but what ever i get will likely go on now and the old one will be the spare.

Any thoughts on what will give me the best performance?

I have this one for sale, exact same prop and pitch megabyte has. If it's the one for you, I'm willing to part with it for $250.

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=7892

Tim,

I made it down to the boat this weekend as we attended the OC Boat Show. I checked out the prop and it says "17-T" and it looks like it was painted black at one time, the same as the original is described.

There was a fair amount of snow at the beach as well, you can see the Parker is snow bound. Any ideas on what the letter "T" means, i assume the 17 is the pitch.

Attachments

• Snow Bound.JPG
    Snow Bound.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Yamaha Prop.JPG
    Yamaha Prop.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 200
Hi Walt, I am not sure what the "T" stands for. I am pretty sure I am
running the same prop but it and the boat are buried under snow and ice and 75 miles away. I had mine reconditioned at Atlantis Prop in Mt Laurel 2 years ago and what a difference it made.

Walt, I went through the exact same thing 3 months ago. I have the same boat a '99 2310 with a bracket and a 250 sws hanging off the back and was looking for a spare prop. This is what I found out. I also am swinging a 17T this is a yamaha prop that has a 15" diameter and a 17" pitch. The props that came with the sws ox66 cosisted of the 17m and 17p also. The M signified a 13.75 diameter and the P a 15.25 diameter. The Performance bulletin that is on this website shows the numbersswinging the 17m. If your looking to stick with the stock yami props the 17m might be a better prop for the 225hp ox66. Hope this helps

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/prod ... -PKR-Z.pdf

17p Merc Mirage Plus on my 1996 (14 degree) mod vee 2520 hull.
Does a pretty good job on the 1997 OX66. :)
I've seen 34 knots with this prop.

DSCN0032.JPG

Parker 2310

If I didnt have my 2520XL for sale I would buy Triple Limits prop in the above thread as a back-up. I had the same prop on (2) previous boats and it is an awesome prop. Had it been available when I bought my Rev 4 17 pitch I may have opted to get it instead.

Back