1st Year with problems-Fuel!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albacorey

Reaction score
Have a 2002 parker pilot house-yammi-225-ox66
It all started this year when i changed my fuel vent-Boat was taking forever to fuel up. Changed it to the one with two vents exposed,What a mistake-Had to pump out 30 gallons of fuel to get rid of the water.cleaned old one and put it back on boat. Now, Yesterday, Left the dock, and had a strong aroma of gasoline. Came back in, mechanic briefly looked at it and said it looked like it was leaking from the fuel sender off the tank. Has anybody had this problem before? if so, what can i expect cost wise for a new fuel sender
Thanks
Corey

as far as fixing the leaking gas issue around the fuel sender.......it should be a quick, cheap and easy fix.

make sure the tank is 3/4 full or less. remove the hatch cover above the fuel sender. disconnect the power to the fuel sender and remove the 5 screws that hold it in place. lift it out. remove the rubber gasket and clean up the area that the new gasket will come in contact with, both on the sender and tank. apply a small bead of gas resistant sealant to the screw threads and reassemble with the new gasket. the trick is to not over tighten the screws......tighten just enough to compress the rubber gasket until you see it start to squeeze out the edge of the fuel sender flange. should fix the leak.

Thanks, I thought so, Do you know the best place to order that fuel sender? Couldnt find it on Iboats?

Albacorey":36tw9hvb said:
Have a 2002 parker pilot house-yammi-225-ox66
It all started this year when i changed my fuel vent-Boat was taking forever to fuel up. Changed it to the one with two vents exposed, What a mistake-Had to pump out 30 gallons of fuel to get rid of the water...
Corey

What make/model of vent? I changed the Parker OEM vents out for the flush Orca (see previous thread on this). Haven't had any water intrusion.

When you made the change, did you ensure the vent line made a loop above the vent outlet...this helps ensure that any spray that gets pushed against the vent screens has about a 6" uphill trek before it can get over the loop and down into the tank.

Dave

Albacorey":2tydldzt said:
Thanks, I thought so, Do you know the best place to order that fuel sender? Couldnt find it on Iboats?

You probably dont need the sender unit, just the gasket and some good sealant. Any Parker dealer should have one in stock and would probably even mail it to you if they are too far away to go pick it up.
Be sure to not torque it down too tight upon re-assembly, you DO NOT want to strip the threads in the aluminum tank. Just tight enough to compress the gasket. The most important thing is that each of the screws is roughly the same tension.

Back