2000 Parker 21se Upgrade

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Chet

Reaction score
Have a couple questions re upgrading my 2000 21se.
* The fuel tank is to be replaced first. I got a price of $15 to $18 per gallon for 3/8' aluminum 90 gallon tank. I'm told the material price increase is up due to shortages and supply chain issues. Sound right?
* Any informed ball park guesses as to cost to remove T-Top and console, cut deck, install new tank and reseal the deck?
* Next will be a rewire and addition of new MDF(s) and some fiberglass touch up.

* Considering a motor upgrade from my current 2000 2 Stroke SX150TXRY which is beginning to have some issues that keep me at the dock too often. Considering upping the HP since the 4 stroke motors have gotten lighter over the years. I'm being told that weight wise moving to a 200HP would be OK but the problem is the torque and power of a 200 could be too much stress on the 2000 transom and could damage it.
Thoughts.

Input from the group will be much appreciated

I'd love to hear input from others on the 200, since I just put one on my 2001 SE at the end of the season.

Also curious if your fuel tank had failed or did you replace it proactively? I just got mine last year and I'm wondering how much life the fuel tank has left based on its age.

I'd love to hear input from others on the 200, since I just put one on my 2001 SE at the end of the season.

Also curious if your fuel tank had failed or did you replace it proactively? I just got mine last year and I'm wondering how much life the fuel tank has left based on its age.
I decided to do it proactively. Wouldn't want to do the other planned upgrades and than have a 21 year old fuel tank need replacement.
Just me I guess.

If your boat is sound then the 200 is not an issue. If it's not sound then any engine is too much for it. Replacing the tank proactively is a fine idea, you need to do it eventually so do it on your terms and don't risk losing a season to a big problem (especially after investing in a new engine).

As far as the cost goes, if you are not doing it yourself then it's might be too much to make sense. I did this job on my 23se and it's a lot of work, especially if you do it correctly and well.

Good luck with it.

Have a trained fiberglass guy inspect your transom. He will tell u if it can handle a 200 hp 4 stroke.
Thanks for the tip. I had the transom checked out by a friend who used to do Surveys and all is solid.

Back