2000 Yamaha F115 Outboard Four Stroke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello I just purchased a new to me 2000 1801 Parker equipped with a 2000 F115 four stroke Yamaha outboard. Engine appears to run smooth I did have it stalled out on me when coming from forward to neutral three or four times throughout the course of two days it appears to be an isolated section in the throttle range that causes it to stall when you pull the throttle back a certain way. Idol is perfect with good flow of water at idle and running. Fuel gauge appears to be newer as it was replaced by previous owner however speedometer does not seem to work. It does not appear that the lower unit speedo is clogged but I haven’t had a chance to look; the gauge simply doesn’t register anything for speed not even 0 mph. Tachometer is no longer functional; I am currently looking to replace and hope that solves the tach issue. Does anyone have any recommendations to check out with the Speedometer aside from a clogged intake on the lower unit? Any other advice is appreciated; motor has 15 or so hours on the oil change; oil appears gold on dip stick and appropriate in fluid level. I plan to do the water pump preventative this winter aside from other fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change the spark plugs and see if that fix’s the stal problem. Also, change out the thermostats, if they are bad and stuck open the engine will run cold and could also cause the staling. Either way, if you just bought the boat and you don’t know if they were changed out, do it. Basic routine is spark plugs, oil & filters, lower unit oil all every 100 hrs, water pump and thermostats every 200 hrs. If you follow this basic maintenance on the Yamaha, you will be good to go. Why model are those gauges? Take a pic. Good luck with your new Parker.

Back