2004 yammy 225 speedo and gas gauge question.....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbranco

Reaction score
I have a 04 yammy 225 and the yammy gauge speedo and gas gauge is not working right.
Can someone tell me which wire is from the sending unit so I can test it by jumping it out to make sure its not the gauge.
There are 6 wires
2 black ground
1 white
1 yellow
1 blue
1 red

I would think the wire would be labeled "s" for sending unit but it is not.
Thanks for the help

All I plan on doing is jumping out that wire to ground, if it is the gauge the plan is to spend 500 and get the combo gauge with the fuel burn etc

Can I just take the wires coming at the sending unit and touch them together? That should bury the gauge correct?

Thanks

I would call a Yammie engineer to discuss it. I have had super info from them for the last 5 years with a wide variety of questions. Last number I had is: 1-866-894-1626 Good luck.....................Pete

Here is a diagram that may help you. Have checked out the sending unit in your tank...I have had more issues with them than with gauges.

Attachments

• 6Y5_704 Wiring.pdf
    152.6 KB · Views: 44
I think its the gauge but wanted to make sure before I bought anything. I did talk to a tech and said those gauges barely go bad and 8 out of 10 times its the feul sending unit.
I am getting out there this weekend and figuire something out, even if its wrong. lol

dbranco":2wi9y04t said:
Can I just take the wires coming at the sending unit and touch them together? That should bury the gauge correct?

Thanks
That is the easiest to do, just jump it at the sending unit. most likely it is the sending unit

Back