2011 Parker 21se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark T

Reaction score
Hello, I rode a 2010 21se today. Loved the boat. I currently own a Carolina Skiff 21' and the ride was a huge improvement!! My question is on the 2011 21se. It comes with a porta potti console which is very desireable because my wife fishes with me. The changes to the hull are higher freeboard and the deck has been raised 1". The boat has the pocket transom and recessed trim tabs like the 21 big bay. I would like to know if these changes to the running bottom are a positive improvement?

Mark

I cannot answer your question conclusively since I have not been on a 2011 21SE.
But... given the information that you provided - floor raised 1", larger console with a pottie, slightly higher freeboard...
I would think that all these things are a good thing for that model.

Small improvements, but improvements never-the-less. :)
Just goes to show you that the company is always looking to make the product better.

I thought the tunnel hull design was primarily for inboards. :?:
The tunnel hull design supposedly gets the running gear up a bit to make for a shallower draft.
CP member Knot Many has a tunnel hull on his 2520 big block inboard.

I'm guessing the OP was referring to a notched transom.

The 2011 21SE has had many upgrades. The hull is based on the 21 Big Bay which has a step transom with the option of a tunnel. The step acts like a jackplate by offsetting the engine further from the hull bottom. The trim tabs are now integrated in to the hull bottom. These two factors will help the boat achieve an on plane attitude in a shorter period of time. The console is brand new, and was based from the new console in the 23 and 25 introduced in 2010. It will accomodate a small head. It also has an expanded flat panel area for electronics mounting. The seating forward of the console now consists of a 94qt Igloo cooler with the new stainless hinges. Hope this helps.

SoutheastParker":2wxpqchh said:
The 2011 21SE has had many upgrades. The hull is based on the 21 Big Bay which has a step transom with the option of a tunnel. The step acts like a jackplate by offsetting the engine further from the hull bottom. The trim tabs are now integrated in to the hull bottom. These two factors will help the boat achieve an on plane attitude in a shorter period of time. The console is brand new, and was based from the new console in the 23 and 25 introduced in 2010. It will accomodate a small head. It also has an expanded flat panel area for electronics mounting. The seating forward of the console now consists of a 94qt Igloo cooler with the new stainless hinges. Hope this helps.

Awesome! Great information!
Thank you!! :)

Wow I wonder what other model changes are happening for 2011?

I noticed the Parker website still lists "2008 Boat Lineup". Hopefully they'll get a chance to update all the model specs this Fall.

The hull remains at 14 degrees. Fuel capacity at 95 gallons. The website is in process of being completely re-done with many new highlighted photos and a new brochure is also in process.

SoutheastParker":1bsp2d50 said:
The hull remains at 14 degrees. Fuel capacity at 95 gallons. The website is in process of being completely re-done with many new highlighted photos and a new brochure is also in process.

That is great news on the website, it is adequate but lacked photos I had always thought.

Care to share if there are any other significant hull changes or options taking place for 2011? Preferably in the center console line up? Notched 23' DVCC option again maybe :)

Talked with Parker today. I was told the boat would have 3 additional inches of freeboard as well as more flair in the bow. Southeastparker did a nice job of explaining what I could not about the hull bottom. I did see the boat in person in Beaufort, it belonged to Robin Parker. The console really fits the boat well. I am really looking forward to this boat!!

Just to update this thread. My new 21se was delivered on schedule and my wife and I spent last week getting acquainted with the boat. We had a great week of weather and caught some False Albacore as well. I can say the boat was everything I expected and more. We had one day where the wind really picked up by mid afternoon and the ride back from Cape Lookout to Morehead was rough. The wind was 20 knots directly on my port side. The boat was comfortable and I really only got sprayed a few times. This would have been MISERABLE in my skiff. The boat is very stable at drift, its a flyfishermans dream. Storage is excellent and the porta potti a huge plus.
Thanks so much to everyone here that took the time to address my concerns and to Charles at Starling Marine. Thankyou to Robin at Parker for responding promptly to my Email and to Parker for building a GREAT boat!!

Sincerely,
Mark Tobin

Back