2100 SE questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyigloo

Reaction score
I am considering a 2100 se w/F150. The questions I have for you guys are:

1) the real draft of the boat motor up
2) how does it plane with a moderate load
3) top speed with a moderate load

I have a 20 bay now which is perfect for what I do, but my 7 month old daughter says I need a boat with higher sides.

I appreciate any real world info you guys can give me.

1) Draft motor up (I assume you have a shallow lagoon) about 18 inches.

2) Planes great with this engine. I was just out two weeks ago with 4 men, full fuel (men averaged 200lbs) and gear and the boat still gets up fine. Trim tabs help and are a must.

3) Top speed with the above about 35 mph. Top speed with two aboard and 1/2 to 3/4 fuel on a glass-calm bay is 40mph. Most of our conditions are 2-3's in the ocean with some frequency, and 1-2 foot chop in Barnegat Bay. These conditions preclude top speed WOT anyways.

I have heard through the grapevine that the F200 on a 21SE will not tilt completely out of the water, as that engine is significantly heavier than the F150, so consider that if you slip your boat.

All in all, the 21SE is a great boat, and the F150 is a great engine, although I am waiting to get my idle adjusted by a Yamaha tech, as the boat sometimes stalls going from forward to reverse while docking.

I'd agree that the "real" running draft of the 21SE hull is probably about 18" inches. I start getting nervous in about 24" of water if I am putting along in the shallows or grass flats in FL, although I will say that I can push it off a sandbar in about 12" of water. I guess you know how I know that!

I have the 2 stroke Yammie 150 and it's been a good motor for this boat. top speed, fully trimmed out is about 40 MPH. Normal running spped for me in 1-2 is about 25-30 MPH, slower as the chop increases.

Back