2120 Port Seat, Jump Seat, and Storage Modifications

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcir

Reaction score
Once I had the collapsible john seat (used with plastic bags) aboard and I removed the Porta Pot, then I had the freedom to make a storage compartment under the forward center cushion. Where the second center cushion had been I now use for the john, my winter heater (a Coleman gas catalytic golf cart heater) or just leave it empty.

Then I removed the port bench seat and the heavy fiberglass storage box under it and took them both home to store.

I added a wider more comfortable Garelick seat with folding back on my original captain's seat pedestal mount - kept the post and under seat hardware. Took the Parker captain's seat and mounted it on the port side with a new pedestal mount that has height adjustment built in.

Behind the port pedestal seat I used the now spare center cushion to make a jump seat I mounted over a plastic storage bin.

Ended up with a bit more storage than I started with and it is much easier to access. Have a comfortable seat for my big frame. My passenger can look out the forward window. and I have the same amount of seating.

I do have a slight list to starboard as I took out so much weight, but will add heavier items to my port storage bin over time to help.

I could put the cabin back in the original factory arrangement in an easy two hours.

(six photos here for starters - in reverse order of construction - more on next post)

Just love the new arrangement as do my passengers.

Attachments

• porta pot (Medium).JPG
    porta pot (Medium).JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 810
  • port bench seat (Medium).JPG
    port bench seat (Medium).JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 810
  • old bench base (Medium).JPG
    old bench base (Medium).JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 810
  • bench seat (Medium).JPG
    bench seat (Medium).JPG