2120 Re-Power

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilowatts

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice on replacing my 2120’s F150. I’ve been on a waiting list for close to a year for a F200 but I spun my prop yesterday and I called a prop shop today and when I told the owner that I’d like to repair my existing prop vs replace because I was planning on replacing my motor soon he had a completely different opinion. He recommended to stay with the 150 or go at least go to 225. I guess the the 200 does to 1.86 to 1 vs the 2 to 1 gear ratio which has some draw backs. Most of my fishing in Northern CA is not long runs and there aren’t slot of smooth days to open up the throttle. We do get some albacore and run 50 miles out about 4 times a year on flat days. I appreciate the fuel economy of the 150. My main concern with the 225 is the added 70LBS and make the bow run even higher. I run with a lot of ice and gear on tuna days. How much will the 225 limit my range with the 100 gallon tank?
I would appreciate any experience with the 200 vs 225 or stay with the 150 that any one will share.
Thanks for all replies, I’m going to make a donation to the site now!

Now a days......200Hp has dropped out of the V6 lineup.....It's a Big ass inline 4cylinder engine......The 225 is a V6.

For me.....Put the 200on it.......BUT......Make it a Suzuki !

Lower gear ratio than the Yamaha......Swings a Bigger prop.....Timing Chain in oil bath.....Yamaha is timing Belt.

Usually a little cheaper than the Yamaha.

200 Zuke or Yamaha is an ideal motor for that boat.

Hey kilowatts..just a heads up I have an 05 -2120sc 150 yam 4 stroke. Had stock 3 blade prop 14-1/4 x16 .Called Ken prop gods he recommended 4 blade 14-1/4 x14..ptz4r14pcl200..night & day .jumps up on plane quicker , tracks better trolling ..5500 rpm 32/33 mph ?.under 500$.. I fish Raritan bay Down to Barnegat..NJ good luck !..

헤이 킬로와트.. 그냥 머리 위로 나는 05 -2120sc 150 참마 4 스트로크를 가지고 있습니다. 재고 3 블레이드 소품 14-1/4 x16이 있었습니다. 켄 소품 신이라고 불리는 그는 4 블레이드 14-1 / 4 x14를 추천했습니다. PTZ4R14PCL200.. 밤 & 낮 .s 비행기에서 더 빨리 점프, 더 나은 트롤링을 추적합니다 .. 5500rpm 32/33mph?. 500$ 미만.. 나는 라리 탄 베이를 바네 가트까지 낚시합니다. 뉴저지 행운을 빕니다 !..
감사합니다^^

I’ve had a 2120 with a new Suzuki 225 for the last 6 months or so. I have no comparison to any smaller motors on the Parker but I’m coming off of a 26’ World Cat with twin Honda 150s. This Parker is BURNING some gas with a 225. Keep in mind I’m in Hawaii so our water is pretty heavy….almost all of the time compared to California or elsewhere. This last trip we burned 4.3 gallons an hour at all trolling speed (6-8 knots). 30 gallons on a short day. Going to be trying to shift more of our ice into the cab to help with weight distribution. But that’s just my experience and if anyone has any tips or things I can try to save some gas I’m all ears!

Latest posts

Back