2120 spring battery hatch holder, pump switch, Accon cleat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcir

Reaction score
Got tired of holding up the battery hatches to turn the battery switch off or to switch batteries and to get some things out I store there. Installed spring supports on port and starboard battery hatches and love them.

Also installed a push/pull switch for my wash down pump on the inboard side of the port battery compartment so can operate the pump on/off without the hose nozzle on the hose. Just left the console wash down pump switch as is so it is fused. could add fuse later in battery compartment and free up a console swich if I need one in future.

The pop up Accon cleat (port and starboard) also shows here.

The white folding step stored beside the battery is for boarding when boat is on lift in slip.

I assume the plastic eye strap just above the spring mount on the hatch was to use with a shock-cord to hold the hatch open? Also have a black plastic eye strap in the aft wall of the battery compartment for which I do not have a clue as to what it might be for?

Pete

Attachments

• Battery hatch spring, pop up cleat, and pull switch (Small).jpg
    Battery hatch spring, pop up cleat, and pull switch (Small).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 581
Sure like the push/pull for the washdown. Wondering if you could post how you wired that for those of us elctricaly challanged?

Those plastic eyes are to attach a shock cord to keep the lids closed as opposed to open. My boat was delivered with the shock cords attached. They were history the first time one of them clamped down on my wrist. Your idea is much better, maybe Parker should take notice.

My wash down pump came wired to a rocker switch on the console that included the fuse it needs. I left it as is so it is still properly fused.

I made sure the rocker switch was off and put the battery switch in the off position to cut off all juice. I looked where the wires were for the wash down pump and on mine the red wire from the wash down pump could reach the back of the push/pull switch location I wanted. So I cut the red wire and simply attached the two red wire ends to the two wire fittings on the push /pull switch. No new wire, just added a switch into the wire.

You may have to add a piece of wire to one end of one of the cut wires if you cannot reach the back of the push/pull switch with the ends of the wire you cut. If so add a piece that is the same kind of wire as you cut and preferably the same color. Make sure the wire joint is solid (crimped, soldered, etc.) and properly insulated or ask an electrical friend to do it. In fact, he may just do this all since it should be easy for him to do and save you worry. Or a few bucks should cover a professional to do it too.

To run the wash down pump now, I push the rocker switch on the console to the ON position (light comes on in mine to show it is hot). Then I can use the push/pull switch as I choose.

When I'm finished for the day the push/pull switch is shut off and I shut of the rocker switch on the console and the wash down pump is off for sure. No one can run the pump with the push/pull switch unless the rocker switch is on.

Pete/greatcir

Back