23 DV CC outboard suggestion

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys I bought a used 23 DV CC a couple of years ago and I really like the set up. I do want a little more power when I decide to replace the 2004 f225 which has 1100 hours. Nothing wrong with the currant motor and she sips fuel. I am running a 3 blade Yamaha stainless 17 inch pitch that was tweaked to drop the diameter down 1/4 inch. I get 6000 rpms with a light load and never less than 5800 when packed like a barge. The boat likes to cruise 4200 to 4500. In calm water I can plane at 3800 but need at least 4000 in the ocean. Has anyone tried the new 250 Yamaha or 250 suzzy on this hull? Thanks for any replies. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and I have learned a lot about Parkers and boats in general. Thanks

Ralph

250 is the way to go. loaded with three adults, ice, coolers, fishing gear, half tank of gas, pack of cigarettes and a girlie magazine can hit 6000 rpm and 50 mph on the gps. Running a 19" rev 4 prop.

I always feel like the 250 has plenty of reserve power to tap. When loaded with people and gear it just needs a little more throttle but the engine is not working harder to run a the same speed when lighter, if that makes any sense.
It can troll too fast in some conditions but a 15 vs 15 1/2 prop solves that or raising the engine way up with tilt.

A 225 would seem to be just fine too and get slower trolling perhaps, but I have no actual experience with a 225.
Price out 250 and 225.

Hey thanks for the replies. Curious are you referring to the older Yamaha 250 or the newer larger block model. My gut tells me I would prefer the extra cubes to swing a bigger blade but I'm looking for real world experience. Thanks :D

I have a 2000 23 DVCC. It came with a Yamaha SWS 250. Last year I repowered with a Suzuki 250 four stroke. it is a world of difference! Super quiet at idle/troll, great growl at RPM, tons of torque, fantastic gas burn. Lighter than Yamaha four stroke as well! I am a fan!!

I anxiously await this outcome...I am running a OX66 225 on my 23DVCC with bracket. It is plenty of motor unless I have 4 people, 150 gallons gas, 200lbs ice and all the tackle.

Back