2310 Listing while underway

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpwoodle

Reaction score
Ever since I have had my boat which is a 2007 2310 with a bracket with a 250 4s Yamaha I have had a problem with it leaning to port while underway. I usually just use the trim tabs to adjust it. I have noticed that different conditions may make it worst(current of water and direction, fuel level, etc.) I was wondering if any body has had the same issue and if so what have you done to correct the situation. I have started putting my cooler full of ice behind me on the starboard side and if someone is with me I will tell them to sit on the starboard side. I do have a mercury 4 blade on the 250 in which I am sure produces a lot of torque to that side. It is frustrating me. Thanks

I think what your experiencing Is torque reaction. This is common in planes and boats with propellers. The faster the propeller goes the more "list" or reaction you'll experience. In easy terms your propeller is spinning to the starboard, so an equal and opposite reaction is created as a twist to port. Every boat I have had with big single power have done this. It can be corrected with tabs or counter rotating engines.

Its hard for me to decide if you have a problem or not. Very rarely do I think a boat will run evenly without the use of tabs based on all the different factors, from load placement , passengers fuel, water conditions etc. I am always adjusting my tabs, and would not expect the boat to run level without some adjustment. The question I have, is are you saying the boat seems to twist or pull to port when you give it a lot of throttle while underway, or are you saying with the tabs full up or down the it leans extremely to port

mine a2000 2310 does the same as I go on plane my tabs correct fine I think its prop torq mine goes fine after I level her my 225 is on 2nd from the top

.........add an engine with a counter rotating prop. Issue resolved. 8)

All single screw hulls do it to some degree. As mentioned above.......prop torque.

A little port tab will do the trick.

Back