2320 Outboard motor mounting height

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigk23surf

Reaction score
Just curious where everyone else has the outboards mount on a 2320 with a bracket? I have mine mount so its in the lowest position in the water, so its mounted in the top hole. I'm think this might be a little low. I never have any cavitation issues and now that I added a permatrim I have lost about 5mph on my top end. Thinking I need to move the motor up some. Any ideas?????

What motor do you have ? I have the same boat and a 200 hpdi. I tryed every hole --found the one below the top to be great ! I lost 6 mph at the hole you are at and also had a hard time to get on plan. Burnt more gas were you are at.

I have a F225. How did you raise it? Do you have a way to lift it? I don't have any high tress or anything so I think moving it up and down is going to be a pain and only wanted to do it once.

bigk23surf":29at2srw said:
I have a F225. How did you raise it? Do you have a way to lift it? I don't have any high tress or anything so I think moving it up and down is going to be a pain and only wanted to do it once.
Hi, I rented a eng. lift for $25. I would wait for more replys Im getting max speed and good lift and plan. Start taking numbers down Speed and RPM. VS GAS . I wanted fast plan and top speed. The factory set the motor to low and i wasnt getting on plan. You can go to a 4 blade S.S. and that will get the ass up on the parker quicker.
Read all the responses because 4 blade vs moving the motor up can work also.

Dale posted a very clever way to raise (or lower) the motor using a trailer. Block up the motor and make sure the trailer wheels are blocked too, remove the motor bolts then crank the trailer up at the bow thus lowering the back end till the bolt holes line up - as I remember his post. I was going to do this but had some warranty work so I let them do it at the motor repair place. I had them raise mine one hole from bottom and it helped performance but my cavitation plate is still not on the surface of the water when the boat is properly trimmed at wide open throttle on my 2120 so I need to go up another hole.........................................Pete

Back