• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2320 question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley22

Reaction score
Looked at a 2013 2320 today. Do all years of the 2320 have the step down into the pilot house? Seems like there would be a lot of head injuries with the height of the hardtop. Thanks.

I have a 2066 which does have the step down and I hate to admit it but I have hit my head more than a few times.

They all do. Put 1/2'' pipe foam insulation to the top to soften the blow. New ones come with complimentary Parker helmets. :D
Mike

2006 and later all the same step down. It's a trademark Parker design. You adjust to it. Lower CG has it's benefits.

I was wearing a baseball cap and whacked myself good when I first switched from the 23 DVCC to the DV PH. Just once. :shock:

lol.......took my PIA know-it-all MIL out on the 2320 but gave her thorough safety briefing before going about watching the noggin when entering the PH. I made her acknowledge what I had said. A little later .......... "WHACK" about knocked her out cold. I couldn't help but to chuckle a little. We don't talk much. 8)

. . . ..I have a 1999 hull and the step down (if one at all) is not noticeable. ...Never hit my head. I would not buy a newer hull due to the step down. .....when we looked at one at a fishing show I smacked my head good going in the pilot house. .. ..and that was on the dry!!! Probably knock myself out in some decent seas!!

I've owned my 2520 since 2003 and can honestly say I've never hit my head.
Maybe I'm more careful? :D

My 2000 2320 has no step down.
I dont care for the new style, I also have the full bulkhead at the helm in my boat compared to that new stupid console they put in the new 2320's im not a fan of that

Attachments

• Parker helm.jpg
    Parker helm.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 527
The newer 2320 and the 2120's have the same step down. You will hit your head at first but learn quickly to "duck". Your guests however can be a different story, I always give them a warning when the first board. Keep in mind this step down lowers the profile of the boat and as a drift fisherman I would not have it any other way.

mrfunandson":1rdpc8iw said:
Keep in mind this step down lowers the profile of the boat and as a drift fisherman I would not have it any other way.

I agree! 8)

So the 2320's prior to 2006 do not have the step down? Does anyone know how to move this thread to the general discussion? I didn't mean to post it in the for sale section. Thanks.

Back