2320 with F225

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foggylink

Reaction score
Would you buy a 2320 with an F225 ? I'll be looking at a leftover 2006 at a local boat show, and was curious what you folks think. I have searched and read several posts regarding the F225 vs. F250 on this boat. Would you bite the bullet and spend a bit more for a newer boat with the F250 ?

HELP ! :shock:

I guess it depends on your "need for speed". I have a 2310 and the F225 and it hops on plane quickly and cruises nicely and efficiently. I'm always thinking about what it costs to run these silly things - so for me the 225 is all I need.

When I was looking at a 2310, the F250 was only like $900 more than the F225. I would definitely go with that.

A local dealer in N.J. has an 07 2320 w/a 200 yamaha(underpowered?)bracket, west coast bow rail, pulpit, rocket launchers , etc... for 57,800. with an upgrade to a 250 he wanted approximately 1800 more. Does this sound about right? Thanks in advance Hap.

Not sure, I know my dealer, 3 hrs away, has an 06 w/F225 that will be on display. I'll have to see if they would even be willing to drop an F250 on it. I have a feeling it will be as is ?

Foggy,
for what it's worth. i have a 1994 2520 MV with a 225 2 stroke. i cruise at 4500 rpm's and do 25 mph. top end is about 32 mph.
i am in the process of repowering with an F225.
I don't think the extra speed i would get with the F250 would be enuff to justify the fuel savings i would get with the 225.

Thanks Ayes ... Good point. It kicks up every afternoon in my area enough so you can go flat out anyway...

I just went through the same decision process and learned a lot. Local yahoos told me the 250 was a"souped up" version of the 225 and that it was overstressed and less reliable and it had to use premium gas. Did some research on the Yamaha web site and found that the 250 is the same engine, but has variable cam timing, giving it more torque in the mid-range. Being a real believer in the KISS principle, I decide the extra complexity was a negative and decided to go with the simpler 225. I have no idea what the reliability stats actually are, but I tend to worry about each additional moving part.

Thanks Mark, Good point. I'm still "kicking tires" ... the wind chill is -11 right now ... THINK SUMMER :!:

Another vote of yes. 600 hours and very happy with the performance.

I've seen 37 kts. Never run there locally as the swell precludes. Mostly mid-20's and 2 nmpg.

Jeff

Back