2320 with f250 how fast should it go

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deltajoe

Reaction score
Finally got the boat on the water.What a tank,I can not believe how solid the boat feels.Got 5 hrs on her .It was 1' when I left and picked up to 3'and 4' on the way in. I was amazed how it cut the waves. It is going to take some time for me getting use to the rocking when it is on anchor. I guess that is the trade off for a deep v hull.Oh ya another great job by Tom S on the lettering.
Thanks Tom.
Joe

Attachments

• P4290071 (Medium).JPG
    P4290071 (Medium).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 550
  • P4290070 (Medium).JPG
    P4290070 (Medium).JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 550
I have a new 2320 slc with f225 and have experienced some problems. After break-in, we could do 47mph at 6100 RPM with two senior lard-butts (and maybe a grandchild) onboard. At mid-range, ours sounds like a diesel work boat. I swear it's only running on five, but the dealer says everything is OK. Might be harmonics of the boat-motor-bracket combo, but it's really irritating.

As I understand it, your 250 has variable valve timing that gives better low end torque - better hole shot. Please report on your experience and enjoy your boat!

Mark,
I am real happy with the motor .This is the first time I have been on a boat with a four stroke.I could not push it that hard I did bring it up to 36 mph after I put three hours on the motor and don't plan on trying wot until after 10 hours. The 1st and second hours are tough to do. But it came on plane real good with 4 adult and 2 children on board.And I loved not smelling that 2
stroke oil burning.I have got sick out there a couple of times on some snotty days I would feel a little rough around the gills but when I smell the oil thats what would do me in.

Back