2320DV vs 2520MV

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigk23surf

Reaction score
I'm thinking about moving up to a larger pilot house boat from my 22ft Grady. I have heard that the 2520XL can be a bit of a rough ride cause its a modified V. I would like the extra space on the 2520 but am wondering if the 2320 would be a better ride since its got the deep V. Also seems like there is a lot more 2520's for sale used than the 2320. So what do you guys think has a better ride, the 2320 from the deep V or the 2520 from the larger size and weight? I don't want a 2520 deep V cause I want single engine power. Thanks.

Going from a grady to a parker you are going to notice a substantial difference in ride...especially if moving to a MV parker....my fam has one of each...

pmeggers":2k5np68e said:
Going from a grady to a parker you are going to notice a substantial difference in ride...especially if moving to a MV parker....my fam has one of each...

Can you be more specific; better or worse? I'm happy with the ride from my Grady, just looking for a pilot house with more room.

The ride is going to much more "stiff." In calmer water the parker is going to be much more in control...along with in followin seas.

In a strong headsea or side type deal, the grady will be much softer. As you know, the grady "bobs" its way through the water, tackling the waves as they come, the parker does not like to do that. ..in my opinion from spending ample time on both lines...

You can get the 2520 DVSC with a single F-350. I have a DV with twin F-150’s, an F-350 should be awesome if you want a single.

By the way, I think the notch transom helps greatly on the running attitude in bumpy stuff. With my engines and the trim tabs I can really put the bow into the water to smooth things out. It just costs a little more in fuel.

As to how they compare to Grady's I have no idea.

I'm happy with my 16 degree hull. I fish offshore often, never had any issues- it's good on gas and maintinence is cheaper. I went through the exact same thing you are going through, I decided on the 25 because of the room, wouldn't even look back. if it gets snotty, you slow down and use your tabs. The 23 is an awesome boat, it just depends on your application and preferences. I also prefer the notch, plus making my boat shorter gets me into a smaller parking spot on the trailer (more savings).

If you fish far offshore or like speed get the 23. I would imagine the 23 would ride better with the deep v. If your idea of offshore is within 10 or 20 miles then the 25 would be fine. The size difference is quite noticable as my buddy has a 23 and we have tied up together at the sandbar.

Back