23PH where should I buy a trailer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashman

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum. I will be probably buying a new 23 PH in the Spring. The "vessel" will be used mostly on the upper Chesapeake Bay. Should I buy the trailer from the dealer or get my own. If I should get my own can anyone recommed a specific brand and give me some inof as to what I should look for. Thanks the trashman

Cannot recommend a specific brand, but if you want a quality trailer that will stand the test of time, I'd recommend an aluminum bunk trailer that also has keel bunks.

I'd also recommend all stainless hardware, torsion axles, Kodiak stainless brakes on both axles, Goodyear Marathon tires, LED lighting...

As you can see, buying a trailer is quite specific. :wink:
How far would you be towing, and in what conditions would you be launching?

In the mid to upper Bay area, check out Daves Trailers in Glen Burnie. He can custom build any trailer you want, and fit it to your boat to boot!

Loadmaster Trailer. Nearest dealer is in Norfolk. Top of the line, lower prices than dealers charge for their trailers. I've owned two under two different parkers.

Megabyte":2k6es2zh said:
Cannot recommend a specific brand, but if you want a quality trailer that will stand the test of time, I'd recommend an aluminum bunk trailer that also has keel bunks.

I'd also recommend all stainless hardware, torsion axles, Kodiak stainless brakes on both axles, Goodyear Marathon tires, LED lighting...

As you can see, buying a trailer is quite specific. :wink:
How far would you be towing, and in what conditions would you be launching?

In the mid to upper Bay area, check out Daves Trailers in Glen Burnie. He can custom build any trailer you want, and fit it to your boat to boot!

My recommendation would be for a galvanized tandem axle roller Load Rite...purchased from Daves. I've had both the afforementioned Load Rite and two high end AL bunk trailers under my Grady. The roller Load Rite did require a bit more maintenance and was about 500 lbs. heavier, but I think the benefits far outweighed that. IMHO, it was built better than my AL trailers (Loadmaster and Hi-Tech) and was easier to launch and load by myself.

The main reason I have the AL bunk trailer now is that it was about $2500 cheaper than a new Load Rite and it came on a wider frame which results in better stability for my wide-body Grady. And I only got rid of the old trailer because it was a 6200 lb. capacity trailer supporting an 8000 lb. boat.... :shock: :roll:

Go with the Load Rite galvanized roller!!!! :)

I've had two load-rite's with rollers and no complaints. Yes, try and deal with a high volume trailer dealer to obtain best price probably. I doubt a boat dealer would give a better price.

Back