250 overheating

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deltajoe

Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with their four stroke overheat alarm going off@idle? Mine did it 2 times last weekend, I shut it down waited a couple of minutes and jump on plane as long as I was running I would be ok. Is this something I should up with the dealer?
Thanks,
Joe

Take it back to the dealer. Sounds like the water pump impeller. Shouldn't be a problem after only 16 hrs, but those are the symptoms you describe.
Did you or the shop possibly run the motor with loose muffs or using the flush hose ?
Either will kill the impeller quick.
The other possibility is an internal clog of some nature.
Either way with a new motor - back to the dealer.

Sounds like impeller for sure. I had same problem, thought it might have been faulty thermostats. I changed them but did'nt help. Problem got alittle worse with time. Pulled bottom unit and found that the center hub on the impeller had broken loose and spun sometimes causing the intermittent problem. Good luck..Kinda puts a little doubt in your mind each time you go out until you know the problem is fixed.

Had the same problem with my carb 150. It was the water bypass valve stuck open. Didn't keep enough water in the block when at idle and alarm would go off. When a few rpm's were added it went off and cooled normally.

Back