2501 and 2500 se center console bow and side height differen

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsch

Reaction score
Is the bow and sides higher out of the water on a 2501 center console then on the 2500 se center console, and if so by how much? Is the 2501 a more dry of a riding boat then?

No one knows any deference between the two?

I THINK the interior size of the DV and SE (modified v) are the same.

Both boats will ride equally well in seas under 1ft. The Deep vee (2501) will ride much/significantly/noticeably better in seas 1.5ft and above.

But the cost of this improvement: fuel economy and weight

As far as I know, the boats have the same interior dimensions. I have a 25SE and briefly climbed on the 25DV - they seemed to be the same. The SE pounds a bit, but this can be mitigated by slowing down and using your tabs. I don't think one will necessarily be wetter, but the DV's ride will be smoother when it gets choppy.

300hp seems to adequately power the SE. With a single 300, I get get 2.8-3mpg at cruise, and top out around 47mph with a fairly light load. The DV with twin 150s from the performance bulletin never breaks 2mpg. I spend 80% of my time inshore/nearshore, and wanted a single engine. In my opinion the DV is a bit underpowered with 300hp, and really shines with the twin 200hp setup. Truth be told, if I could have got a 25DV with a single 350hp, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, most Parker dealers seem to be less than accommodating with special requests, or really with anything else for that matter. In the end the SE fit nearly all of my needs, and I am very happy with the boat.

Ok thanks, did parker make more then two style center console hauls, I'm looking at a 2000 25 foot cc. And he does not know if its deep v or not. But the pictures look like it does not have as much free bord out of the water like all the dv and se center consoles I've seen.

Back