2520 MV 225 hp Eng. & Prop Size

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Could all with this set up (or similar) please post prop brand, size , cruise rpm & speed , and top speed & rpm. Thanks !
I'll start :

F225 on a MV
14 1/2 X 19 Yam Black steel
4500 rpm = 30 mph
5300 rpm = 39 mph

Your RPMS at WOT seem very low.

Here is your boat on the perfomance bulletin swing a 17pitch SW.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/prod ... -PKR-A.pdf

A 17pitch seems to be the ticket for most MV 25ft Parkers.

I am getting ready to splash my 25ft Bertram with a 3.0 Liter Optimax. I am going to try the Enertia, Rev4 and Mirage Plus but I am pretty sure that 15pitch or 16pitch is going to be the ticket.

Just my 2 cents.

I WISH I got those #'s. With that exact prop i got 5600 max rpm @ 36 mph & cruised at 4800-4900 to be at 30 mph. Those numbers are just plain WRONG ! Thats why I went back to the 19". I was thinking maby a different brand might help ?

052520":gczh9py7 said:
I WISH I got those #'s. With that exact prop i got 5600 max rpm @ 36 mph & cruised at 4800-4900 to be at 30 mph. Those numbers are just plain WRONG ! Thats why I went back to the 19". I was thinking maby a different brand might help ?
You COULD be lugging your motor which is THE fastest way to burn up a powerhead. Forget about speed ... you want to be within 200-300 RPMs of the Mfgr's stated maximum RPMs with 2/3rds fuel, 2 people, and typical gear on board.

Modern OBs are designed with a rev limiter in case you run it alone, without gear, barely any gas and by yourself. It is easier and pretty much safer to rev high than it is to rev too low. Again, the rev limiter in the ECU will prevent over revving.

For best OB life ... pitch it right and cruise 3800 to 4400 for long runs, with occasional burts of higher RPMs and blast her @ WOT for bit on the way home.

Most 225s wear a 17" wheel on the Parker 25s, 2-stroke or 4-stroke, unless wicked loaded, and then some wear a 16" pitch prop, like mine. Too much heavy teak and too much gear I guess ;) !

Back