2520 Sport Cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnaddict

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this boat for the lower eastern shore of VA. Fish both seaside and the bay and bridge tunnel area from March through January.

I fish the same area with a 2320, if I could trailer a 2520 without getting permits that is what I would have purchased. Can't go wrong with the 2520, I run the 2320 40 miles out in the ocean and all over the bay. If I was going to do it over I would probably get the 25 and take the chance of trailering without permits.

Had a friend with a 2520. Was measured before crossing Bay Bridge Tunnel a couple of yrs. ago with no permits, they told him to turn it around.

Lots of 2520's fishing the CBBT.
Of course... lots of 21SE's, 23SE's, 2120's, 2320's, and 2510's fishing those waters too. :D

I don't know about the CB area, but in NC I'm not positive but I think you are supposed to get a permit for every trip. I trailered a 25 Bertram with a 10 ft. beam in NC without permits for several years without ever getting checked or measured. Even pulling it on the ferry from Sea Level to Ocracoke and the Hatteras Inlet ferry I was never checked.

I think with the help of Parker Boat Co. trailering wider boats without permits in North Carolina is now legal..

My understanding is that if you are not crossing a state line you can trailer the boat anywhere. I guess the best source to answer that question would the the individual state DOT.

Back