2520 Stern rail pads ..?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seasonsfishing

Reaction score
hey everyone,

just got my first 2520 and alreadying getting to work on her for the upcoming season.... does anyone know if i can buy stern knee rail pads for both sides and the stern...?

thanks for any info.

jamie thinnes

seasons sportfishing

You can get cockpit bolsters through your dealer, or you can have any good canvas shop fabricate them.

The bolsters in my boat are factory items, though I had then re-done 2 years ago by a local canvas shop.

They really are pretty simple... The backing is starboard (about 1/4" thick) with 1/4" stainless studs attached that are used to bolt the combing pads to the boat. The starboard has about 2" of foam covered by the vinyl which is stapled to the back of the starboard backing using stainless staples.

If you were handy, you could probably fabricate the bolsters yourself, but I'm not that handy. :)
The canvas shop re-covered my bolsters in a vinyl that matched the factory OEM pads perfectly.

So, you have three options. Buy a set from your dealer, fabricate a set yourself, or have a set made locally by a marine canvas/upholstery shop.

Good luck!

BTW - This might help to illustrate what the (recovered) OEM bolsters look like.

Image-B8C1CDD8290511DC.jpg

hey kevin,

thanks so so much for all the info, i think i might try to get the board and have a local shop do the fabric... your answer was a huge help...!

jamie thinnes
seasons sport fishing

There is a thread in projects were it recomends a new product from a company called Seadek,look at their website,their product looks great and will stand up the the elements very well,easy to install.

Robert

I've been considering trying the Seadek coaming pads, $70 for two 26" pieces. The guys in FL even put this material on their decks in lieu of non-skid and says it works really well! I like the 'beacj sand' color.

CoamingBolstersLG.jpg
Color123.jpg

Oh yeah, you can get it in custom lengths, I asked once. They would cut 2 pieces to fit each side of the model 2520 cockpit. Price was < $100 back last Spring, so it seems their prices may have been raised.

Hey Dale,
Are you going to purchase a set of these? Are they soft? They definitely look alot more durable than the other rail pads.

We are considering doing something with our rail, because they sit awefully low. That's the main complaint everyone has about the boat is the really low rails. Get into a few bigger swells, I don't want to risk loosing someone off the side... that would ruin a good trip.

Has anyone made any custom rails for the back of their Parker?

UnWired":2y9r8r5q said:
Has anyone made any custom rails for the back of their Parker?

No need for custom rails. Just select what the factory offers. :wink:

Image-BA086541C5A111D9.jpg

Kevin, how much did you have to pay roughly for local re-cover of your cockpit coaming pads.

I have a set on a 2530 that I am going to do in the next week or so. I am going to local shops.

We flipped them upside down about 3 years ago to get more life from them.

I asked my dealer this fall and couldn't get them from Parker, said had to go to manufacturer.

Dana

Dana, Re-cover of the coming pads plus new drop canvas for the p-house was $600 4 years ago.
It wasn't itemized, so I have no idea what the cost was just for the recovering.

Kevin, thanks, my wife and I are going out today if the local shops are open today.

My side coaming pads are a bit shorter on a 2530 and I have a couple of short ones in the transom on each side of the engine box.

Dana

I see there are new threads again going on coaming pads.

Here is my more expensive update. I see where someone made some for less than $100.

I did go before New Year's, that Saturday, Dec 29 before he closed. They were ready last Friday, Jan 11. Good turnaround.

Kevin, prices up here are higher. Two 5 foot side coaming pads redone on a 2530 with new foam and vinyl. Also he replaced the studs with ones not cut off to length like the originals.

Two short pads in the stern around the engine cover. No new studs.

I didn't ask, but he added drain grommets on the bottom. I didn't necessarily need them and I got them to last longer on the originals by flipping them over.

Saved the scary part for last. $1,000.

Here are two photos of the short ones redone.

An off-white pleated vinyl from distributor, Redrum, http://www.redrumfabrics.com/index.html. Building 21 in Rockland did the job.

Dana

Attachments

• P1010648 (Medium).JPG
    P1010648 (Medium).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 890
  • P1010649 (Medium).JPG
    P1010649 (Medium).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 890
The drains are probably a good idea Dana, tho only time will decide on that.

My combing pads do drain water from the folded corners, and depending on how wet a season we have, that drain water can get 'green' at times. I'll hit the corners with a little Clorox and all is well again. :wink:

If the new upholstery lasts another 12 years, the price paid isn't so bad.

Back