2520SL Trailerers!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

channel_surfer

Reaction score
Trying to set up our new Sea Lion bunk trailer to at least be close for the first time we pull the boat up onto it. It's a 26T-8100. It's got two main bunks that go along the majority of the hull (actually 4 bunks, but they're lined up to make 2 long bunks) , and two shorter bunks that support the bow more toward the centerline. Anyone got some measurements from their bunk trailered 2520's so I can at least get this thing remotely close to where it needs to be, for the bunk spacing and distance from the winch to the end of the rear bunk?

Thanks!!!

Not familiar with that brand, but I would think that the trailer manufacturer or your dealer should be able to give you some measurements.

We have a trailer dealer here in my area who will fit your boat (and get the correct tongue weight) for a reasonable price.
That might be an option for you as well.

Just ordered the same trailer, will be picking it up in a week or two. Cecil marine is setting it up for me. I can get you some measurements. I'm putting it under a 2520XL.

Phil,
Why did you go with the bulk and not roller? I was told with the bunk you need more water to drop in. Also can you store the boat for winter on that type of trailer or do you still have to block it?
George

George,
I went with the bunk because it is an aluminum trailer and because of the price. Aluminum is now the same price as steel. I won't be trailering it that often, and the ramp I use is in good shape. I'm buying the trailer mainly because I have to be out of my marina by Thanksgiving, and if the weather is anything like last year I'll be using the boat until Feb. As for storing it, the bunk should be more secure then the rollers. According to most people I spoke to about it.

Boat will be in the water until at least december. The dealer who we got the trailer from said it should be set up pretty close as is, so we will see what happens the first time we float it on.

We moved the wheels forward about a foot over the winter, helped but it still looks like the trailer is bending a bit much. Confirmed with Parker that the trailer capacity is correct.

Phil, if you could, can you get me some measurements off yours? Things like distance from rear axle centerpoint to end of trailer, distance from hitch to winch post, hight of winch, position of bunks, etc? Anything you have will help. Probably won't put the boat back on the trailer until November or so but want to try one more set of adjustments.

Thanks.

OK. after all the angst over how to properly lash my boat to my lift during bad storms and hurricanes, I finally decided that the best recourse is to haul it out and trailer it to safer ground.

I'll be buying a trailer in the next week or so and now the real angst begins...

Yes, I'll be the guy whom you will all be laughing at when I try to load the boat onto the trailer. While I have seen and have helped many friends load or launch, I have limited experience actually doing it.

So, I am counting on you, my trusted fellow Parker owners, to give me some absolute do's and dont's....and wipe that smirk off your faces :lol:

If someone is interested in a brand new Venture 7400lb galvanized bunk trailer, I may entertain offers. It has never been used!

I much prefer a roller trailer.

TheOtherLine":925r0xb7 said:
So, I am counting on you, my trusted fellow Parker owners, to give me some absolute do's and dont's....and wipe that smirk off your faces :lol:

Don't let the winch handle free spool. :shock:

Don't forget the drainplug

Don't Forget to practice backing up.

B-Faithful":o0tl3m6u said:
If someone is interested in a brand new Venture 7400lb galvanized bunk trailer, I may entertain offers. It has never been used!

I much prefer a roller trailer.

Little too far for me...

Picked up the trailer the other day and put TOL on her to check for bunk adjustments. Fit perfectly, didn't have to do a thing.

I had to get a 4" rise hitch so she would sit level, as my truck sits kinda high.

I like the trailer although I wish I had a 2 speed winch and a different roller that doesn't leave black streaks on the boat.

Trailer has brakes on both axles which seem to stop the trailer just fine.

Attachments

• Boat on Trailer2 (Medium).jpg
    Boat on Trailer2 (Medium).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 87
Back