2520XLD twin Yamaha 225’s on a bracket motor height?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renaveg

Reaction score
I have a 2006 2520XLD with twin Yamaha 225’s mounted on an Armstrong bracket and they are mounted in the first hole so that the motors are as deep in the water as possible. Is there anyone else with the same setup that has raised their motors? If so by how much? I’m also currently running Yamaha painted stainless 14 1/2” x 19 3 blade props that I’m thinking to change out with a Powertech 4 blade to gain lift.

Thanks,
Dave

Also wondering if I’d be better off adding a permatrim as opposed to changing props.

We are similar but an 2005 XL with 150's instead of your XLD with 225s

When we got boat it was at lowest setting with yam painted 3 stock props. Switched to merc rev 4 props, flo-torq four hub kit(to reduce chatter at low RPM)-huge difference in control and helped with stern lift. Raised motor up one hole, but could have done two i think.

This spring we put on permatrims to hopefully help keep bow down into chop more. Boat goes in today!

Thanks got em on. Did you do the motor height and props at the same time? Just curious which had a bigger effect. I’d also like to know your thoughts on the Permatrim after you’ve put her in. What size did you go with?

Good luck with the launch.
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up raising the motors up 2 holes(still have room to go up 1 more if needed) got my running numbers and just put on 2 Powertech 4 blade props. Huge improvement in just about everything, hole shot, planning speed, top end. Sounds crazy but it’s because my Yamaha painted stainless props had so much slip. I’ve only been out once but love the way the boat feels. I think I could probably raise the motors up another hole but I’ll run it this season and then decide. Right now I’m running as heavy as I’ll ever be and it’s been pretty calm on all of my trips. Currently while running on plane about 3/4 of the cavitation plate top is showing.

Got em on, I also wanted to ask your thoughts on your new Permatrims.

Thanks,
Dave

Back