A question for you who know electrial systems

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWL

Reaction score
My front navigation light will not come on. It is a single bulb. I removed the bulb and did an Ohlm test which indicates the bulb is fine. The contacts indicate no power to the bulb housing. I tried clenaing the contacts to no avail. The rear navigation (anchor light) works fine in both the navigation and anchor mode which leads me to believe the circuit breaker and'or fuse is fine.

Where would you look next. and where on the power buss is the wiring for the naviagation lights in order to check the wiring?

Thanks

On our 2120 we had an ongoing problem with burned out front nav light. The red and green lens splits open and allows sea water to splash on the bulb, causing it to burn out. Some good clear sealant helps. Have to keep that bulb dry.

Did you put a DVM across the contacts to ensure you see 12 volts?

What you may need to do is to perform some continuity checks on the run, checking both pos & new leads. Start from the feed up to the bow, making sure you check it at the power buss for 12 volts. The put an extra wire from the pos lead to the pos connector with the DVM in between to check for continuity.

What you could also do, provide you have the SHARP pin leads, is gently puncture both leads and see if there is 12 volts present. I'd start from the bow end, then seal with liquid electrical tape. PM me as needed ...

What model boat? My 25 Sportcabin has the wires for the nav light running thru the anchor locker and one had gotten chaffed and finally corroded thru. A quick fix to clean and crimp it but a bear to track down as it was hard to see.

??????

Sounds like you are describing the forward white light.

If so, I would check for corrosion of the contacts for the forward white light, if it is a Perko.

Dana

Back