Adding a bracket 2310WA w/ notched transom????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brightlights

Reaction score
Although I am not having any problems with the engine at this time, I am thinking about the day I will need to repower and thinking how much I would love to have a bracket on the back of the transom.

The only hickup is that I currently have notched transom. Has anyone done one of these upgrades before?

Is it as simple and just slapping it on? What problems could I face?

I have a 2300 cc That has a notched transom.I looked into it and everyone that I talked to said it wasn't worth the money to do so,I would be better off looking for a different boat.I don't know if this helps.

We have had members here who have closed the notch, and added a bracket.
One of them was a 2120 if I remember correctly, and it didn't look to be all that difficult.

You might want to do a search in the Projects section.

There are some other things to consider regarding a bracket. Take a ride on a 2310 if there is a member near you with one. Make sure you like the benefits before making the change.

Brent":14luelvz said:
Contact Armstrong for their comments
There are other bracket Mfg'rs besides Armstrong, with better designs, more customization, and better pricing to boot! However, either them or Parker should be able to tell you "where to position the OB bracket" and that is 99% of the engineering!

Megabyte":14luelvz said:
We have had members here who have closed the notch, and added a bracket.
One of them was a 2120 if I remember correctly.
Here's one I helped on, a 22' Statros CC we converted from a cut-out transom to full transom with bracket.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6972

BEFORE ...
Before_Side-1.jpg

TODAY!
After.jpg

Megabyte":14luelvz said:
... and it didn't look to be all that difficult.
Not expensive either :) ! IIRC we did the entire job for < $2K - wood, glass, sundries, and bracket to boot! We did it in his driveway, covering the stern with a 10x10' pop-up shelter and tarps. Ol' Rube goldberg DIY at its finest!

The BIGGEST issue is proper placement of the bracket onto the hull. We got lucky with the Stratos as they used to make such a version and my friend found a set of the orginal plans on-line.

Other LESSON LEARNED ... when mixing larger batches of epoxy resin, do NOT use a tub, buy disposable aluminum foil shallow pans, the larger in size the better. Epoxy cooks off by a thermal reaction, but if you were to spread it out in a 12" wide by 18" long pan with only 1" deep epoxy ... it would not cookoff. But if you poured that same amount of epoxy into a 6" or 8" round tub and it filled it up 4" or more ... it will heat up and almost start a fire and harden to unusable in minutes ... ... if you get my drift of how we found THAT out, haha!

Note he also removed all of the graphics and bottom paint. I am soooooooooooooo glad I was not (ahem) available on those weekends he removed the bottom paint by solvents and sanding, hehe!

I have wanted to do this to my 21 se ,,,,,,,,,saw this picture not sure if he is a member.

Attachments

• parker.jpg
    parker.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 293
jfrostick":2ud24hg5 said:
I have wanted to do this to my 21 se ,,,,,,,,,saw this picture not sure if he is a member.

Well that is unique.

Can't say that I recognize that bracket.
I'm guessing that it was custom built.

Back