Advice on upgrading from 2120 to 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultrasport

Reaction score
Just pondering the idea of upgrading from my 2120 04 2 stroke parker. Boats been great to me with little issues but have always wanted closed transom and livewells. Was thinking of getting a newer 23 and 4 stroke. Or if I'm upgrading would I regret not getting the 25? I think 23 be good because I occasionally like to trailer out to other ports although I keep it on mooring and I fish solo sometimes and don't have a family yet. Anyone else upgrade and have any pros and cons? Thanks.

I'm with you on the closed transum. 1K ish heavier with all the benefits from the cabin back. I think single handing the 23 will be virtually no different depending on you dock situation. With a mooring a 25 wouldn't even mater single handing. Towing the 25 is another big jump and may take you into another tow vehicle situation but I think you could still single hand otherwise. I got my 2120 vs the 2320 mainly due to my several block slow tow to the ramp using a way undersized vehicle (4 cyl Equinox) and couldn't go any heavier. Oh, and the price difference does count as well. Taking those 2 requirements out of the equation, you can't go wrong with the 2320 or a 2520.

Big fan of the 2530 but to choose. Between the 2520 or 2320 I would go with the 2320 for trailering. Not that big of a difference from what I here other then the bigger beam and possible tiny bit more space. But I love my 2530.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467341478.966870.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467341478.966870.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 533
I recently had a similar decision to make. I sold my 2120 about 5 weeks ago. I was conflicted whether to buy a 2520 or the 2820. The general theme that was shared with me was that a jump from 2120 to 2520 (both deep V's) would not be that appreciable, so I've committed to a 2820. This decision has also removed the possibility of trailering for me.

IF trailering easily is important to you, sure the 2320 is nice step up. Will you get 2 footitis in 2 years? maybe, I decided I probably would.
My vote for you would YES move up: but skip the 2320 and really move up to a point where you'll feel/ see the difference. The 2520 is a totally different creature than the 2520: If trailering is not a major priority, get the 2520! You won't regret it.

The 2320 is a much more trailerable boat. I have the 2520 and I do love the boat. I trail it annually to and from my home in Otway, NC during the winter to it's home at Harker's Island during the fishing season. That's a grand total of twenty miles trailering per year. It is trailerable, but it does take a good size vehicle to do the trailering. I don't even own a vehicle large enough to haul it. I rely on a great fishing buddy with a huge pickup to haul it for me. :D

I would not consider it a good candidate for the person who routinely trails the boat to and from a ramp that is far from home unless that person has a heavy hauler and doesn't mind the expense and hassle of using it.

Geezer":3sry50nx said:
The 2320 is a much more trailerable boat. I have the 2520 and I do love the boat. I trail it annually to and from my home in Otway, NC during the winter to it's home at Harker's Island during the fishing season. That's a grand total of twenty miles trailering per year. It is trailerable, but it does take a good size vehicle to do the trailering. I don't even own a vehicle large enough to haul it. I rely on a great fishing buddy with a huge pickup to haul it for me. :D

I would not consider it a good candidate for the person who routinely trails the boat to and from a ramp that is far from home unless that person has a heavy hauler and doesn't mind the expense and hassle of using it.

I think this is an owner/ operator comfort level. My fishing partner and I used to haul/ tow is 2520 with a f350 every week. Then he bought a 2801 and trailer that every week to boat ramp.
Then again, I have another buddy who says its difficult to trailer, launch and load his 15 foot flats boat by himself…so, operator specific question/ answer here.

A lot of it has to do with

a.) your trailer set up: does it have forward keel bunks? Does it have guide on posts? these two items help tremendously

b.) your tow vehicle: anything bigger than a 2320 really should be towed w/ a 3/4 ton truck: f250/350 ; Chevy/ GMC 2500/3500 or Ram 2500/3500

This tow statement has to do with towing capacity NOT the trucks ability to pull the boat up the ramp or cruise down the highway. Also, the stopping power of a freighted boat trailer is compromised when you are towing a vessel/ freight of this weight.

again, just my .02 from experience and ton of research/ discussion with other fisherman/ boaters.

sydngoose hit the nail on the head!

If you have a capable vehicle AND you are comfortable towing that much boat, then go for it. I have to admit that I'm an old geezer who doesn't really feel comfortable towing that much boat, and who doesn't want to invest in a vehicle that would only be used for that purpose.

I am fortunate to live close to a facility that keeps my boat on a cradle during the season and will put it in or out with a simple phone call. I am VERY fortunate to have a great fishing partner who will tow the boat to and from my home to it's seasonal home. :D

more room in the cockpit. helms are the same on a 2120 and 2320. mines a 2005 with a cut transom. i launch and retrieve it by myself all the time. i liked the livewell on the bracket models but the engine got in the way when cobia fishing off of my friends.

Back