Aft bilge access

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray duck

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips or suggestions to working in the bilge on a 2520? I need to put in second bilge pump, high water alarm, bait well pump, and new switch for old pump. I'm not 21 anymore and I'm guessing it was a lot easier putting that stuff in with the floor removed. Has anyone modified the hatch to a bigger size? I'm 6'1" so can reach most of the stuff but I not wild about it. Personally I think the batteries and as much electrical stuff as possible should be ABOVE decks if possible. I'm thinking there's no magic wand here and I'm just gonna have to suck it up but figured I'd ask the sages...
Thanks

FWIW I moved the batteries out of there and put them behind the starboard bulkhead hatch. For easier access when working the bulge, remove the aft "lazerette" hatch, frame and all. Just rebed the screws when installing.

I got in there and did battle and got it done. The problem was all of the bilge pump connections were right under the salt water washdown pump and the connector to one of the small grey wires to the float switch was green as snot. I had to cut no less than 30 cable ties to be able to just find those connectors! I also found the prerun but ellusive "brown/white and black" wires to wire in my bait well pump - next project. anywaysI was wondering if anyone has done a hatch rotation? The aft hatch looks to be the same type and size as the two in the cabin under the bunks. Can you say the rear one is tired and change it for one of the forward "fresh" ones??? thanks

I also found the ends of a black and a yellow wire with out connections. Anyone know their purpose?

gray duck":34fq6q65 said:
I was wondering if anyone has done a hatch rotation? The aft hatch looks to be the same type and size as the two in the cabin under the bunks. Can you say the rear one is tired and change it for one of the forward "fresh" ones??? thanks
Yup, Thought of it and do it! I rotate the 3 that I have, covers only, every other year, working clockwise from the bow, which allows the one last in the sun & UV exposure to go 4 years without ...

gray duck":4a8zlu6b said:
I also found the ends of a black and a yellow wire with out connections. Anyone know their purpose?
Outboard wire color coding for a black w/ yellow-striped wire is typically a KILL switch wire to ground out the engine. Maybe it is ore-wired there for if/when another control station is added ...

Dale, what I meant was a black wire with a yellow wire not connected to anything. Changing the hatches just requires undoing the screws on three sides?

Also what type of high water alarm do you have? Light and sound at helm? Thanks

Do a search on its site for a 2520 wiring diagram. It was posted a few years back. It was for a late 90's early 00's model but is still good for reference.

I just checked and it shows a yellow wire for an optional blower. Guessing they use the same harness for IO and OB models.

Back