ALBIN OWNER

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyAmalfitano

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I own an Albin 27 Aft cabin. I'm looking to "Down Size" :shock: to a trailer boat. The $4000.00 a year for the marina is killing me. I can buy 1333 gal of gas with that money. (@$3.00 per gal.) I have my eye on Parker 2120. What should I look for, and lookout for? I'd most likely buy preowned.
Are there any ETHANOL :evil: fuel problems with parker fuel tanks?
Thank you, :lol:
Tony

TonyAmalfitano":534vxutw said:
Are there any ETHANOL :evil: fuel problems with parker fuel tanks?

Parker uses aluminum fuel tanks in their vessels, so unless you find one that is dirty or varnished up inside, you shouldn't have any unusual issues with the fuel tank in any Parker.

Take a look in the classifieds here for pre-owned Parkers, then try out the search feature for threads regarding ethanol issues.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Believe me, I have done the search, and looked on the "For Sale" page here. I have a list saved.
I've seen ParkerSal's boat out on the bay, and I might have cruised past his place in Normandy. Nice boat Sal!
I need a trailer with the boat!

I've got an '04 2120 with Yam 150 2-stroke, and have been happy with it. It's manuverable and responsive. Like all Parkers, a basic platform that you can customize as you like. In it's stock form, storage is somewhat limited and it doesn't have a fish box. But I know some folks have gotten around that with add-ons and changing the layout in the cabin a bit. No problem with the current power, but I know some will say more is better. I've had no issues in that regard. Helm space for gimble mounted electronics can be tight, but you can hang it from the roof if necessary or go surface mount on the helm station. If you've got the vehicle that can tow 5000 - 5500 lbs., you can trailer it.

John

Thanks John, Schrader Yacht Sales sent me a card already, heck I was only lookin' yesterday while sitting out the rain! They do have a 2120 on a trailer for 33,900. What do you think? Price in the right ballpark? Think I'd offer 29,900 though, see if they bite.

Depends on what year, what engine, what electronics and toys, condition.....you know the drill. Bottom line is if it's in good shape and what you're looking for and you can both agree on a price you're willing to pay, then it's a good deal. These things are so subjective, but you can see what others might be selling for by checking classifieds like Salty Dog and Boattrader.

Good luck.

John

DAH! I guess I should have supplied that info, LOL. It's a 2003, with a 2003 Yamaha 150. It doesn't say if it's a HPDI. Lowrance X97 Fishfinder; Garmin 176 GPS/Plotter; Standard Horizon VHF w/Antenna; and 12V Power Outlet. OPTIONS: Rocket Launcher; Folding Splashboard; Two (2) Wipers; Trim Tabs; Compass; Hydraulic Steering; One (1) Spreader Light; Load Rite 4700 Lb. Dual Axle Trailer w/Power Winch; Custom Seats in Cockpit, P & S and Extra Rod Holders. What the heck it "P & S" ?
Are all Parkers a DEEP VEE hull? If not, how do I know if one is a deep vee?

Looks like the one listed on yachtworld.com. Pricewise, I don't think it's too far off from what other 2120's are going for, considering years and options. "P & S" is probably port and starboard, since it's got 2 captain chairs mounted in the cockpit. Not crazy about that layout myself, but they can probably be removed. Doesn't say how many hours on the engine (2 stroke), but if it's been properly cared for, it's a pretty solid engine. Been around for a long time.

The 2120 is a deep vee hull, hence the official model number 2120DVSC. The larger models offer different hulls.

Schrader is pretty much right on the water, so I'd think if you're seriously interested, they can put it in the water for you to check out and test drive.

John

TonyAmalfitano":2wykc9dj said:
It's a 2003, with a 2003 Yamaha 150. It doesn't say if it's a HPDI. ?

Almost all used boats that are offered w/4 strokes will be advertised as 4 strokes. It's a major selling point. If HPDI or other 2s is OK w/you, great. You should be able to really negotiate price down.

Many consider the 21DV as underpowered with 150hp, others are happy with 150. Check your prospective Parker with full fuel, plenty of passengers and rough sea to decide for yourself. A mis-judgement here will cost you about $10k for a re-power. :shock:

I took a ride over to Schrader today, they have a sweet 2006 with 31 hrs on a 150 4 stroke. The owner is a local fire inspector.
The one with the seats mounted in the cockpit wasn't nearly as clean, but it does have a trailer. I guess I can pick up a trailer from Hecht in Lakewood. I really hope the Albin sells fast now, I got the itch for a Parker.

TonyAmalfitano":y0vg17hs said:
I really hope the Albin sells fast now, I got the itch for a Parker.

It's a good itch to have Tony. :wink:
Good luck!

Campmarine is a decent source for trailers too Tony.

I actually have a guy from California flying in to see my boat this weekend. He will need a trailer.

Sal,
I read your thread on the Nigerian scam, I had the same problem when selling a RV. So, you sell your good lookin boat, then what? Another Parker?

JC,
Yes I saw that and replied., Sorry we rushed out and went to the Monmouth county Fair, I got to spend a chit load of hard earned cash. I have to open up that e-mail address, I thought I fixed it a while ago.

Tony, if I am lucky enough to sell my Parker within the next few weeks, I will likely buy back my old boat from the guy i sold it to! A 19' Whaler. If I were buying new, I'd look hard at the Parker 21SE with an F200.

Sal,
I'm not a CC kind of guy. I like the idea of having a small cabin to get into if things get stormy. :shock:
My listing at "Sandy Hook Yacht Sales" has posted under 27 Albin Family Cruiser. I'd post a link, but I don't know how, maybe I did? :?

http://www.sandyhookyachts.com/power.php

If you hear of anyone looking for a really fine cruiser with long legs pass the word......... I've seen some very fine Parkers for sale, the sooner the Albin sells, the sooner I buy your Parker. :D

Back