Anchor roller

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freespool

Reaction score
So I installed the Lewmar profish 700 (freefall) - To complete the anchor process, I upgraded to the 22# claw anchor. Now the anchor fits in too well. In other words, I need to kick the anchor off the pulpit (so much for the freefall feature of the windlass).
I need to change out the bow roller. I see online there are some claw anchor rollers. Instead of reinventing the wheel, I was hoping one of your "projectors" will have already done this and could steer me in the right directions. THANKS!!!

The angle of the pulpit will not allow the anchor to free fall unless you add a second roller between the windlass and the forward roller, or a a pivoting roller but that requires a little bit of glasswork.

I just use my telescoping boat hook when I'm getting ready to drop anchor. I open the front window and just give the anchor a slight push to get it over the edge. I don't have a free fall so it just drops slowly but I would imagine it would work with a free fall too. This one is a free fix if you already have one.

Back