Another great day at the sandbar in Islamorada.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgevazquez

Reaction score
at the local sandbar before it gets crazy on Memorial Day weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_6052.jpg
    IMG_6052.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_4147.jpg
    IMG_4147.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_6055.jpg
    IMG_6055.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 444
Hey George,

My old 2320 had many a good time there. My buddy Mike and his kid like to be the first to snorkel that bar with a metal detector after the crowds leave. They usually find some "interesting" stuff.

If you want less of a crowd on a weekend or holiday there is also a smaller bar that locals use that is a couple of hundred yards further north that runs into that new high and dry. A lot less current as well.

Yes Jim thats thats the sandbar that we were at, I never go to the Whale Harbor one it gets too crazy even on none holidays. We moved to islamorada 3.5 years ago from Miami and hope we will never have to go back.

. . ...NICE! My buddy just came back from 9 days down there. . .. .his sister has a place down there and his nephew just got married.. . . ..beautiful place.

Islamorada, one of our favorite places on the planet! We love it so much that we recently bought a T.H. at Futura YC, mm 88.9. I think its one of the best marinas in the area.

Back