Awesome False Albacore Trip

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willf650

Reaction score
I'm new to trying to fish offshore and trolling. I went out for my second trip of the year after catching a skunk last time. We didn't go out that far, only about 40 miles. We were hoping for some Mahi but didn't find them. We did find a school of False Albacore and they were very willing to eat a lure. We were basically hooking them 2-3 at a time while trolling. I'm hooked on this style fishing even though we were only catching what they call "trash" fish.
DSCF1216-L.jpg

DSCF1213-L.jpg

DSCF1207-L.jpg

DSCF1202-L.jpg

DSCF1217-L.jpg

Looks like a fun trip. Catching is always fun it doesn't matter the species, I would rather catch something, then troll all day for nothing. They look like they fight well too.

Nice work! False Albacore or not, looks like a great trip to me! I've taken my boat offshore a couple times this year myself and as expensive as it is it sucks to get skunked! I came back with only one keeper black bass on one trip, so ya'll did great! Lol. For the record we caught a bunch but they were running just undersize. :D

False albacore are indeed lots of fun and plentiful when you find them. Haven't seen them inshore for several years.

Love those fat alberts, especially when they’re schooling and you can catch ‘em on light tackle. Looks like it was nice and flat too!

Played hooky of a friend's boat yesterday (not a Parker) down on LI Sound. Caught a bunch of albies and some blues. Glad to have the blues for the smoker, and pate', but the albies are an absolute hoot to sight cast! Didn't hurt that it was 80 degrees in October!

Sounds like a fun day and a good way to learn how to handle things on the troll! Also, one mans trash is another mans treasure. You wouldn't believe how crazy anglers get for false albacore once you get north of New York.

Latest posts

Back