b744v Tri-ducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

072320dvsc

Reaction score
I just received my ducer. It is an Airmar b744v Tri-ducer with the high performance fairing block. Has anyone used the mentioned ducer with the High performance block? Also I am wondering on exactly where to mount the ducer. The fairing block is huge.

Happen to have the B744. Would like to give a report on it but my finder went on the blink.

As to mounting mine is mounted aft on the starboard side, I have the F150 with standard prop rotation. I would strongly suggest that unless you have a good band saw and very accurate means of making a cutting jig, that you have it installed by a good rigger. Might be a little expensive but the alternative is a leaky ducer. The fairing block has to be cut precise.

It took me about 6 months with it in my shop before I got the guts to drill a 2" hole through the hull but one afternoon last September I said it must be done. I started by sanding the hull area down to gel coat, measured once , twice maybe three times. I drilled an 1/8" hole to verify that it was exactly where it should be, my hole wasn't but the pilot hole remained in the 2" footprint of the plug to be removed. It is always a great idea to coat the raw edge of the glass with resin or epoxy prior to the 5200. Cutting and milling the bock wasn't that hard. I set the band saw table to the angle with a fence cut the block the made it perfectly flat with a belt sander mounted upside down in the bench vise. It is not possible to install the unit without someone to hole it up while the other installs the nut on the inside.
The location is as high up and as far forward as i could get it with the fairing block on the inside.
Good news is that it performs better than any transom mounted or transducer glued inside the bilge. I will never regret doing it unless the unit fails and needs to be removed. The boat is still covered or I would sent inside pictures.
Good luck and take your time, dry fit it several times, geting the block right before appliying the 5200.

Attachments

• c100_0782.JPG
    c100_0782.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 344
  • c100_0784.JPG
    c100_0784.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 344
Thanks for the info. I did do the install last weekend and I have to say it was pretty scary drilling the 2" hole. I gave it a week to cure and launched the boat this past saturday. I have to say what a great picture I am getting on the C80. Even at higher speeds I am seeing alot. I did develop a small leak around the cap nut and repaired it over the weekend. I am glad I went with the b744 and you will be too.

By the way I mounted my transducer in the same exact spot due to the battery tray being in the way. I did need to cut a hole in the tray to get to the anti rotation bolt. Battery will cover up the hole.

Back