Bait tank & Boat Name Installed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishinfortuna

Reaction score
I finally got my bait tank installed. Thanks again Tara11 on the sweet deal!

It is a 65 gallon Offshore tank in the cockpit of my 2820. I mounted it further back than most because I have heard/read to many stories about leaking bait tanks dripping on the fuel tank. The tank is 28-inches forward of the transom, there is 25-inches between the tank and the inside of the gunnel. The deck hole is an 8-inch pie hole with a filler (in case I want to remove the tank for some reason), the hole is just aft of the aft bulkhead that support the fuel tank.
We installed a Jabsco Cyclone pump mounted to the starboard battery compartment bulkhead for the widest sweep possible on the hoses. I choose to have an over the side drain (above the waterline, I know alot of guys like to have a short drain hose through the transom, but with limited access outboard of the motor bracket I chose to go over the side and higher above the waterline. There is a slight rise in the discharge hose (2") by going this route, but with 65-gallons it drains fine and any residual water left in the hose when the tank is empty drains quickly once underway. The only thing left now is cleaning up!

The vinyl lettering was done by a local sign shop, who were very helpful. After screwing up the install twice trying to do it myself, they came out made it right.

I know these weren't major projects, but anytime a hole is cut in my boat it's major to me and I love the Projects forum so I thought I might try and contribute.

Attachments

• cockpit-bait-tank-small.JPG
    cockpit-bait-tank-small.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,870
  • bait-tank-small.JPG
    bait-tank-small.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,871
  • bait-tank-drain2-small.JPG
    bait-tank-drain2-small.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,871
  • bait-tank-drain-small.JPG
    bait-tank-drain-small.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,870
  • fortuna-side-small.JPG
    fortuna-side-small.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,870
  • fortuna-side-small-2.JPG
    fortuna-side-small-2.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,870
YOUR GOING TO LOVE THAT BAIT TANK I HAVE THE SAME ONE AND I LOVE IT WHEN IT IS ROUGH I LOSE VERY LITTLE BAIT...I ALSO PUT MY OVERFLOW DRAIN OUT THE SIDE NO PROBLEMS...DAM THAT IS A LARGE DECK......

Arima: thanks for the heads up about the tank and the drain, I've fished for albacore up your before, I'll never forget my son who was 11-or 12 at the time said "Dad it's like A Perfect Storm (the movie)" pretty hardcore, so if your bait lasts, it will be gravy for me.

Bryan: I don't know the font name, we started with a font that was very similar to what Lexus uses. Then it was italicized (if that is even a word). I went with the black base and gold outline to match the pin stripe on the parker and finished with an off set shadow box.

Bigeye: Thanks for the words, there is no doubt the cockpit on this boat is unreal for a 28-foot boat.

fishinfortuna here is my bait tank take a look at the top o it if you need one let me know very easy to build

Attachments

• P1000178.JPG
    P1000178.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,774
Arima: I like you lid alot... did you make it yourself? I knew you could heat starboard (marine lumber) and bend it (your outer edge) but have never tried, was it hard to do?

I have a lid know, but I want to make some refinement, I would be very interested in learning more about your lid project...

By the way do you have a light in your bait tank? I don't currently but my previous boat did and the bait definitely did better when the light was on, and I have been thinking of how to add one.

fishinfortuna i do not have a light in my bait tank wish i did but owell..
the top was very easy to make the starboard is very easy to work with i still have the templet i made to make the top if you are interested i can send it down with all my dimensions...were about are you located..
mike

Fishinfortuna, looks like the person who installed your bait tank did a nice job. Could you let me know who did it for you? I am installing a Pacific Edge 48 gallon tank on my 2310. I also have my drain outlet just slightly above the waterline but out the transom. It seems to drain great, it's a 1 1/2 inch drain. Also would like to know if you put a ball valve shutoff on the end of your drain hose. Mine does not have one. I have one only on the intake. They said you don't need a shut off. I have seen some Parker boats with a shutoff at the outlet but those boats had their outlets below the waterline. Thanks Tweendeck

FishFactory":nqbqsi2p said:
You West Coast guys don't mess around when it comes to fresh, live bait. 8)

question: How do those "iced down, fresh caught white bouy fish" taste? :lol:

when we fish for albicore up in norther california live bait makes a huge diference... i love my bait tankwhen it is rough out i might lose 10 pieces of bait out of 200

FishFactory":27g4ekt7 said:
Anyone on the "left coast" using oxygen on their baits?

Really supercharges them.
no oxygen on my baits but i do run a 1200 gph bait pump mybaits swim real well

FishFactory":1n5768qu said:
Using menhaden (most common king bait), rule of thumb is one 10" or so bait per gallon. Can't imagine 200 in 65 gallon livewell :!:

Y'all mentioned taking care of bait in rough water. Contenders (and other premium fishing boats) have a pressurized livewell and gasketed lid. Bait much happier when water not sloshing. I modified Parker livewell to allow some overflow......it helps keep 'em alive.
ya our baits in northern cal are not that big i would say 5/6 inches max and i will put 3 scoops in the taink no problem i might be wrong on the amount of pieces it might be more or less than 200 i never counted it the just scoop them out of the bait recievers and dump them in the tank but there is allot of bait in there for sure... our baits are anchovies/sardines

Back