Bait tank thoughts for a new 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seneca Lake Dave

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am thinking about the options, electronics, etc that I am going to want when I finally order my 2320.
I was thinking that it would be nice to not have a bait tank in the middle of the deck, and that it would be good to have the tank sitting toward the port side of swim step. My fat @## at the helm would ballance the weight of the tank I think. No extra holes in the deck and the open deck space are the main reasons that it would be nice to have it on the step. Does anyone have any ideas on that?
Also...for on deck tanks, Sundance marine (San Diego) likes to use Pacific Edge tanks, any thoughts on those vs the factory option tank like grouperjim has?...or others?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,
Dave

I have not seen too many people fish from the center of the cockpit. The helm is located on the starboard side to counter the torque effect created by a RH rotating prop which causes a single engine boat to lean to port when underway. Having a bait tank that far aft will severely impact your CG. Eat all the cheeseburgers you want, you cannot put too much weight forward. To offset a few of those cheeseburgers, you could order the factory installed FW tank behind the port bench seat.

I can speak to what I observe in FL. Most fisherman on this coast, really value having a nice oval or round livewell in the center of the such a large cockpit. It is a major selling point, as a lot of S. FL Parker dealers order most of their 2320s configured that way.

FYI: IMO as far as bait tanks in general; the ultimate tank is perfectly round, has a clear lid to allow light to the bait fish, the interior is med/light blue, and the circulating pump provides enough rotational swirl to keep the fish swimming but not too much to wear them out.

jim

It's all about the PE 65. 3 scoops of bait made better as the day goes on regardless of conditions. Fits perfectly on my 2320.

Attachments

• BaitTank60.JPG
    BaitTank60.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 980
  • TankangleBD.JPG
    TankangleBD.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 981
Back