Bait well pump

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Cibran

Reaction score
I have a 2300 CCDV with the OEM set up that has one large pump that serves both the raw washdown and baitwell,the raw water washdown works well however the baitwell pump does not work,I have opened the small shut off valve inside the well,I have opened the shutoff valve at the baitwell pump which is located at the very bottom of bilge area next to bait pump,but nothing works,I do not hear small baitwell pump running.

is there a fuse that I'm missing and can not find,it worked fine last year.

any help will be appreciated

Robert
Miami,FL

Robert Cibran":28rzzkzk said:
I have a 2300 CCDV with the OEM set up that has one large pump that serves both the raw washdown and baitwell,the raw water washdown works well however the baitwell pump does not work,I have opened the small shut off valve inside the well,I have opened the shutoff valve at the baitwell pump which is located at the very bottom of bilge area next to bait pump,but nothing works,I do not hear small baitwell pump running.

is there a fuse that I'm missing and can not find,it worked fine last year.

any help will be appreciated

Robert
Miami,FL

Robert,

On my boat, ONE switch operates EITHER the baitwell or the raw water washdown. You can't run both at the same time.

I'm sure you already know this but sometimes we overlook the obvious. Is that how your switch works? If so, have you checked the connections to the switch?

Theotherline,

Yes thats how mine works also,I have checked the connections on back of switch and all seems fine,I can not find a fuse which supplies this switch,the rubber tits which are next to swithes,what are those for,on previous boat I had,this was were the fuses where located.

On back of swithes,I can not find fuses,I'm sure they are somewhere.

Robert

rubber tits which are next to swithes,what are those for

Those are thermal circuit breakers. If they are "blown", push on the rubber tip to reset. Find the cause first to avoid a fire.

Check the ground connection to the aft ground buss and back to the battery. On my 2520XL PH the washdown pump filled the baitwell when the 1/4 turn lever ball valves were set to do so. No baitwell pump though the switch is there, that is why I could not hear a pump running on my boat when I put the rocker over to that position.

Hope this helps

Thanks to both of you for your replies,I will check and also get the 750 replacement cartridge in case I have to do change over.

Thanks again

Robert

If you determine that the pump is not running, a method that I have used when needed to check to see if you are getting 12 volts to the pump and no place to get a voltmeter to measure, I would take a needle or safety pin and puncture the leads to the motor so that I could determine if the pump was getting the 12 volts and if the leads will get wet, take liquid tape and cover the little holes that you make.

dave-j":kl5kj6ih said:
Huh? I run my bait well and raw water washdown at the same time a lot.

Have a 23 DVCC

I wish mine was hooked up that way but it's not. Not sure why. I figured they had a reason for doing it that way so I left it that way.

If anyone knows why they do that, I'd sure like to know.

Just would like to let of all you know that I double checked with Parker Marine via e-mail and I rec'd Excellent help via phone from Eric Denton,he expalined everything which needed to be checked and advised me that my Rule pump was a 1100 GPH tournament series and as Optimaxfish said,there is a replacement cartridge available for this unit if in fact pump has failed.

Great Service from Parker in getting back to me in the same day.

Robert Cibran

Back