Baitwells

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipperhub

Reaction score
I don't want to install a pemanent bait well on my '02' 2520 Parker. I have seen the installation and since my boat is used primairly for touring, the bait well takes up to much room on the quarterdeck. Has anyone tried the portable 'KeepAlive' baitwells?
10 to 30 gallon tank with a special pump for oxygen flow.
I would use it for near shore fishing so there is some wave action involved.
Or does anyone have any advice concerning other systems.

skipperhub

I opted not to have a baitwell done in my transom and prefer a portable due to the cost of the option and how much I live bait fish.

Anyhow. I dont like just airators because the water still gets fouled. I prefer a flow of fresh water. I have a bait tank that I put a feed in the bottom that I use as a drain at the end and over flow spout on the top that takes the foamy dirty water off the top.

I currently use the pump that came with my boat but here is a pump that a friend uses the same way I do:

Here is his recent email to me:
Here is a link to Rule's website:
http://www.rule-industries.com/files/itemdoc134801.pdf

I selected the Rule 403FC which produces 800 GPH @ sea level and 500 GPH if your discharge is 3 feet above the water line. This set-up screwed right into my standard 3/4" seacock and provides a separate port for your raw water intake line. It comes with a plug in case you do not have a raw water pump.

Here is where I bought my Rule 403FC for $45:

http://www.livebaitlarry.com/index.php? ... cts_id=233

I also bought a back-up 46DR pump for $28

I had this exact same set-up on my Sea Pro and it works great. The live well pump itself can be easily replaced if it dies and it only takes 15 seconds to pull the pump out to remove any junk like seaweed. To remove the pump you basically push down on the pump and turn it 180 degrees; good idea to close the seacock first. I keep a spare pump on hand with a pair of wire nuts and a wire striper tool.

Here is a photo of my tank

Attachments

• livewell.jpg
    livewell.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 232
Back