Barracuda Madness II-Huntington Flats 6-9-07

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its4Reels!-Parker23

Reaction score
Sorry for the late report but I have been swamped at work. We had a special birthday request from my wife Kay’s son Gabe to take him and his wife Tristan out on the boat for some local fishing. Good timing as the week before we nailed the ‘cudas big time. All the recent reports looked good as the barracuda were still in the area. This was Tristan’s first fishing boat trip and she was ready to do battle. Wife Kay and Tristan:

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_029.jpg

We also had George Cardenas from Accurate Reels and his buddies Rick and Jr. buddy boating with us in George’s 19’ Boston Whaler which is being restored. Upon arriving at Davies this is what we found tied to the dock:

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_002.jpg

I read a post on BD, which seems to have disappeared or been moved, regarding what happened to this boat. In a nutshell they were drifting outside the LB Harbor when a 40’ boat that was moving full speed on auto pilot with no one at the helm ran right over these guys. The 2 guys onboard jumped out at the last minute and are OK but the 40 footer sank within 10 minutes of hitting the aluminum boat. Everyone survived but the lesson to be learned is always watch for the other guy as there are a lot boaters running around out there who don’t have a clue. We proceeded to Nacho’s for an awesome scoop of anchovies and a few sardines as well as pointing us in the direction of the fleet. As always, thanks Nacho for hooking us up. We headed south to the Huntington Flats and found the fleet just south of Huntington Beach pier fishing in about 80’ of water. I started metering fish just before reaching the fleet and we dropped the hook and I was immediately hooked up on the iron. It was a log and was barely hooked and before we could get the net he was gone. From this point it was steady fishing for the barries. Here is Tristan with her first ever fish from the It’s 4 Reels!:

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_003.jpg

Kay with a nice barracuda:

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_013.jpg

Tristan and yours truly, holding her very first barracuda:

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_004.jpg

Gabe complaining as to why his wife is catching all the fish:

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_011.jpg

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_010.jpg

Gabe scores a ‘cuda:

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_015.jpg

A couple of shots of Team Accurate trying to boat a barracuda:

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_023.jpg

111780Gabe_Tristan_Kay_Fishing_6-07_028.jpg

Thanks to Rick and Jr from Team Accurate for chumming the waters for us. I think that’s the big reason we out fished these guys.:7 Is that a gold reel I see in Team Accurate’s rod holder? Never mind it was probably a banana which explains why Tristan out fished them all.:) We also saw our friends Mike and Susie out on their 21’ Wellcraft. And yes Susie, I did catch all my own fish without any help from the wife. The weather was beautiful and we caught lots of barracuda along with a couple of short halibut. Kay, Gabe and Tristan’s fish were all on bait and I threw the mint green and white Tady 45 for all my fish. Headed back to Davies around 2pm and headed for the Ducks Stanley Cup Championship celebration in Anaheim! Yeah!!!

111780100_3080.JPG

111780100_3101.JPG

111780100_3102.JPG

111780It_s_4_Reel_Louie_Kay_-med.jpg

It's 4 Reels! - Parker 23
www.its4reels.com

Nice Pic's. Looks like a good fishing trip, I must say I am glad that the ducks won. They do have a good team. Watch out the flyers are making some big moves. We shall see what happens next season. Keep the fish coming over the rails. :D :D

Back