BASIC RADAR MOUNTING QUESTION...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to find a radar pedestal that I can put on the roof of my 2520. I have that channel/rise on the roof and the base of the pedestal can't be more than 6". Looking for 10" in height, 5d tilt.

I've decided on the Garmin 18hd. Not because it's the best radar, but it networks with my GPS and doesn't require another display. For my needs, it will work fine.

My Raymarine dome is mounted directly on the front edge of the 2510 hardtop. I don't get interference from the rodholders, and when on plane the beam is wide enough to see the water fairly close to the boat.

Have thought about installing a wedge, but that project is a ways down on the list of things to do.

Dave

aka

Porkchunker":1xgkizmo said:
My Raymarine dome is mounted directly on the front edge of the 2510 hardtop. I don't get interference from the rodholders, and when on plane the beam is wide enough to see the water fairly close to the boat.

Have thought about installing a wedge, but that project is a ways down on the list of things to do.

Dave

aka

Hmmm. I was thinking about mounting it right on the channel so I can hide the cables and mounting hardware.

FYI - My unit and mount location have been working extremely well for a year now. Like PorkChunker, the beam is wide enough to track whether running on plane or trolling with no problem. And the best new is that my boat's overall height is below 9'6" and I don't have to pay extra for dry storage.

Best Regards,
Fletcher

Back