Bean Bag Deck Chairs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillC

Reaction score
Been watching videos of offshore fishing in the Pacific and looking at all the Parkers. These CA guys are even buying our east coast used Parkers and shipping them home - for fishing out on the high seas! I noted one group going out to a specific location had a fairly long trip so the fellow fishermen family were relaxing in bean bags on the aft deck... Great idea! Looking for these bean bags - very surprised with the variety, features and PRICES of Bean Bags... and you can't have just one. There are 'marine grade' bean bags for your 'yacht'! This is some serious business!!

I also just bought the E-Sea Riders for my 2520. They are great. A little expensive, but my buddy has had them on his boat for 5 years and he is a commercial fisherman and they still look great. My wife loves the arm chairs and all the kids like the tear drops. Awesome way to ride

I also use Big Joe's the ones that look like a chair (we also have a huge pillow one). We use the strap to hook them to the roof while not in use. My guys love them and often fall asleep on the way out and way back. I like that you can get them for 35-40 bucks, so cheap if they get lost I'm not broken hearted. I've had them for 3 very busy seasons so far.

I have two of these for my 23SE... it makes people much more comfortable than sitting in the jump seats or the seat in front of the helm.
JoyBean Outdoor Bean Bag Chair - Water Resistant Marine Vinyl
I found them on Amazon for $165 each. Well worth the money.

I also use Big Joe's the ones that look like a chair (we also have a huge pillow one). We use the strap to hook them to the roof while not in use. My guys love them and often fall asleep on the way out and way back. I like that you can get them for 35-40 bucks, so cheap if they get lost I'm not broken hearted. I've had them for 3 very busy seasons so far.
Even if they're cheap you should try to avoid losing one in the ocean. I can't imagine how many little pieces of styrofoam are waiting to break out of one of these things.

Even if they're cheap you should try to avoid losing one in the ocean. I can't imagine how many little pieces of styrofoam are waiting to break out of one of these things.
That is a very good point toward purchasing good quality (marine grade) bean bags. But then it's all up to the user because some folks could put a dent in a steel ball..:rolleyes:

I'd say you have the same chance to lose something overboard regardless of cost.
He was talking about the ecological effects of the filler. You're right though; the price of the steel ball is immaterial.

Latest posts

Back