Bench Seat in 2120 - What's under it? Can it be modified?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smittles1179

Reaction score
I still have my 2004 2120 and keep thinking I would rather have another chair for my co-pilot rather than a bench seat. I was wondering if anyone knows what's under that raised up section under the bench seat. The gas tank? Has anyone ever removed the bench and put in a different helm chair? Do you think it's possible to drill into that raised section without damaging anything? I thought you guys would know best. Thanks.
~Smittles

Need pictures.

Fuel tank is centered in the cockpit.

The answer is plywood, and yes you can drill into it.

As Dale stated, fuel tank is centered in the pit.

It would be nice if I could just remove the bench and add a standard chair. I'm at work, but I added a couple arrows to show what I am talking about. I want to remove this bench and just add a normal seat like the captains chair. This means I would need to drill into the area the bench is stitting on now. (it's raised up like a foot) I'm wondering if that's just hollow or will I drill into something? Hope this helps. I also included an example of the look, kinda like a 2520...but I just want the two seats facing forward. (although who wouldn't want the 4 seats...way cool)

Attachments

• b2arrow.jpg
    b2arrow.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 298
  • benchseatarrow.jpg
    benchseatarrow.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 298
  • examp.jpg
    examp.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 298
That is fiberglass over plywood with some foam underneath.

Might be able to get a toggle bolt in there, Dale has a good posting somewhere on that.

SS Togglers are what you want to use ...

Best price from MSC Fasteners.

Back