Best Prop for Yamaha F300 on 2016 2501

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLPRYEL

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2016 2501 with a 2016 F300. The prop markings show 17T 15 1/2. Any feedback on this set up?

Any of the props with a large blade area and aggressive cupping do well with the Parker hulls. These props include the Mercury Mirage, Mirage Plus, Enertia ECO and the Yamaha Saltwater Series. It sounds like you have a Yamaha SWS prop.

I recently purchased a 2016 2501 with a 2016 F300. The prop markings show 17T 15 1/2. Any feedback on this set up?
We have the Yamaha Saltwater Series II, 17-T, 15 X 17 stainless steel prop on the 2014 Yamaha 300. (2520 XLD). Looks like a similar set up as yours. It has served us well. We top out at 44 mph; cruise nicely around 30, at 2.0 -2.2 mpg. It is strong out-of-the-hole without using tabs (I tilt the engine down, and level it as I come up on plane).... I would like to be able to stay on plane at lower speeds, (teens?) but that's a combination of many factors with the prop being just one of them. And since this is the only prop I've had on this boat, I have nothing to compare it to. Just saying, I have no complaints....

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback. I have not been able to run it yet. Looking forward to it.

Sorry to bring back an old post but what are your numbers with the 300 on the 2501? MPG, cruise, WOT anything you can tell me. Thanks

Back