Bilge Pump Upgrade Project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cbigma":3f4fsdem said:
If the intake of the pump is slightly above the mounting block, I can't have the sensor -below- the block or it will never shut off and burn out.

I did that once... :oops:

I replaced the bilge pump and switch in my neighbors Whaler, and didn't realize that my switch was just a wee-bit below the pump...
Good thing I got the garden hose out and tested it before dressing all of the wires.
The area where the switch is located, is the low spot. :cry:

Image-7F113E16D0A811D9.jpg

Moving the switch to the high side of the pump worked much better. :wink:

Image-7F1162F3D0A811D9.jpg

Speaking of classics... This one qualifies. 8)

Image-7F11B48FD0A811D9.jpg

Wicked Pissah!!!

Attachments

• pisser.JPG
    pisser.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 22,413
Awww Phil,

Wiiiickid Pissah! 8)

You're gonna have to translate that for our CP'ers out west and down south. (and I don't mean Springfield and Bourne!)

So you are Ambi-pumpstrous! or is it Bi-Bilged? :lol:

What's the plumbing look like? One went "that-a-way" and one went "this-a-way"?

John

Capt. Kevin,

Is there a way that you could "update" this post so that we can see all of the pictures that you posted? None of your images are displaying. I'm assuming those pictures were posted on an older server, but I'm just guessing.

Pictures with projects make everything so much clearer.

I think I just found another post with some of what I was looking for.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11574

The pictures always help put things in perspective.

BTW, take a look at the number of times this topic has been viewed. Over 17,500 times. Incredible number of times this information has been shared.

Thanks http://www.ClassicParker.com !!!

Fireman":3spbdsp7 said:
Is there a way that you could "update" this post so that we can see all of the pictures that you posted? None of your images are displaying. I'm assuming those pictures were posted on an older server, but I'm just guessing.

You are correct.
The detail photos taken back when I performed that upgrade were hosted on another server, and were lost when that server was retired.

The finished product, years later.
Only real difference between then and now is I replaced the MSC switches with Water Witch 101's...
The MSC switches were found to be unreliable.

web.jpg

Back