Bombardier unleashes their 300hp OB, a svelte 524 pounds!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
100_4719.jpg

100_4711.jpg

100_4731.jpg

100_4728.jpg

Great! Can't wait to see one (or two) rigged on one of the Bomb's marketing partners, Carolina Skiff or maybe even a SeaFox. 8)

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, that's a GREAT comeback - haha!

DaleH":1cse94h3 said:
... at least you didn't say Angler ;) ...

The Bomb hooked up w/Angler? What's the saying...
"If you sleep with dogs you get E-Ticks"?

Wow, that 300hp Evinrude is going to be a great engine for repower. It is something that everyone has been waiting for. '

It is light enough to go on even the oldest of Parkers. A MV 25ft Parker would be so perfect for that engine. A 30mph Cruise with a 47mph top end on flat water!!!

You will be able to pick one up from one the 3 nation wide dealers by the year 2011 :lol:

Just kididng. It should be a great motor. Looks like true engineering/technology at work!

I am a Yamaha kind of guy by habit, but I have to just wonder about the huge weight difference between the Yamaha and ETEC at 300hp.

Heck is their even an advantage of the Yamaha 300 over the Yamaha F250, given the additional weight?

ParkerSal":1f9wager said:
Heck is their even an advantage of the Yamaha 300 over the Yamaha F250, given the additional weight?

My thoughts exactly.
Is 50 hp enough to offset the weight difference?

Does anyone have a cost estimate for the 300 Yamaha and the 300 Evinrude?

It appears the new etec 300 will eat the Yamahas alive. As we know, two strokes produce much more torque on the bottom end aiding in coming on plane. The Yamaha F350 weighs in at 804 lbs while the F250 weighs 592 lbs and the etec at 523.6 lbs. One of the most iimportant facts in determining performance is weight to horsepower ratio. Based on the above numers the weight to power ratios are as follows.

Yamaha F350 2.29 lb per hp
Yamaha F250 2.37 lb per hp
Etec 300 1.75 lb per hp

Based on these figures the etec should be a top performer.

Be careful what you wish for, and since we are Parker fans, and the boat that made this company what it is is the 2520 DV, it is interesting to note that this boat BENEFITS from added weight on the transom in several ways.

One, is that the deck drains better at rest with more weight aft. The other, is that in a following sea the boat handles better and is safer to run.

So, when we are talking larger boats and 250-350 HP engines, do you really think a couple / few hundred pounds makes a differance ?

Did you buy a Parker because they are lighter boats (they are not) ??

I hope the ETEC is great, so that we all have more options. Competition is a good thing and keeps everyone honest.

But particularly for the larger engines, I think weight thing is being blown out of proportion. That said, the Yami 300 does seem like an oddball.

Still, Yami will sell lots of them (kind of like the "sluggish" 225) which despite it's power to weight is a very reliable, great running engine, and pretty much set the tone for yammi 4 strokes as very reliable, great running engines .

B-Faithful":1r0c4ckj said:
You will be able to pick one up from one the 3 nation wide dealers by the year 2011 :lol:
!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep, what DaleH left out is the E-Ficht introduction he's posting pictures of is in Brazil! Not even available here. :lol:

I'm also waiting for Toyota to make a 2 Stroke engine for their 2009 Trucks.

I don't have deck drainage problems with my 2520DV with a single 250hp Yammie on a Armstrong bracket. That being said, I see no problems adding a couple hundred pounds to the transom if I went with a heavier OB.

If in fact Bombadier builds a reliable OB in that 300hp, then it will have a winner. I know a few guys with other V6 ETecs and they are not thrilled with the fuel economy or reliability. (one has a problem with overheating that the dealer can't fix)

Back