Bow spot light

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antidote

Reaction score
In a effort to eliminate the glare off the fore deck and bow rail. I mounted a LED light bar under the pulpit. Zero glare. We’ll see how long it lasts.
0d68b856f1c2bb14874544f29847ccd8.jpg
b358e3ec435763216c7b1750ffb75a68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Brent. I tried it hanging off the bottom of the bow rail; but, I still had glare from the rail and it was butt ugly up there. I put a water tight through hull behind the port nav light and ran it to the “aux” switch on the helm. It seems to work well; however, I’ll have to take her out at night and probably adjust the aim. Looking at this picture it should be good on a plane.
824815b28c076c9af33adb8c3b07c2e2.jpg

Looks like a very nice installation....I have a Go-Light installed under the bow-rail of my 2520... So far it has been good... I have a video of how it is installed on my Youtube channel.... I'll link it to this post if I can figure out how to do that

OP, let us know how it works at night, seems it's angled down and blocked by the anchor quite a bit but hard to tell from the pic. That's a harsh environment location. Good luck, let us know.

In order to void glare I ended up mounting (2) lights in the front corners of the roof on my 2820. Cost was high but zero glare off the pulpit and more protected from the direct spray. On my 2520 I had a single light center mounted on the roof and glare of the center pulpit was terrible.

ifxLDL.jpg

johnkn it is pointed down a bit. I tried to guesstimate the proper angle for being on plane. I will probably have to adjust it or even make longer brackets to lower it down a little to better clear the anchor. The bracket I made on this install are 4" long with the mount hole drilled at 3 1/2". We will see.

Andy":ob69fhfy said:
Looks like a very nice installation....I have a Go-Light installed under the bow-rail of my 2520... So far it has been good... I have a video of how it is installed on my Youtube channel.... I'll link it to this post if I can figure out how to do that

I have seen the install like this. I tried to do the same mount for my light; however, I just didn't like it up in the line of vision. I used heavy clamps made for light bars and I still had glare coming off the curved bow rail.

Brent":1y92dpvo said:
From Bryan 2530

Fits under and inside bow pulpit
Wire goes thru rub rail on seam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
56c51621dbd25227b426aadfebf951d4.jpg

That looks like a very clean install. I was worried about water coming in through the wire chase so I mounted a through hull behind the port nav light. It's not as clean as Bryan's install.

So here is the Harbour with and without the spot light on. Looks pretty good. There is also zero glare.
c10016c3d418e575ded26013b0d96569.jpg
c0387abb91306c95bb76ffdc56a3a225.jpg

Nice work. I’ve been considering installing a similar setup myself and you may have inspired me. Your pictures represent the results well. I launch and return in the dark frequency as well and my eyes are not what they used to be.

mheltunen":hbi8fhq7 said:
Nice work. I’ve been considering installing a similar setup myself and you may have inspired me. Your pictures represent the results well. I launch and return in the dark frequency as well and my eyes are not what they used to be.

Thanks. I used a 20” spot and flood light bar I bought on Amazon.
LED Light Bar Nilight 20Inch 288w Triple Row Flood Spot Combo 28800LM Led Bar Driving Lights Boat Lights Led Off Road Lights for Trucks,2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077837LX8/re ... -DbNWFY3YY

I added silicon around the lenses to prevent moisture from getting in. I paid $60 for the light so hopefully it will last; but, if it doesn’t, it won’t break the bank. I can always spend big money on a higher quality light if this one fails.

I have had very good luck with the amazon led lights. For that price point you could install a new one each year and be money ahead of buying a “good” one.

Antidote":tw2fecus said:
johnkn it is pointed down a bit. I tried to guesstimate the proper angle for being on plane. I will probably have to adjust it or even make longer brackets to lower it down a little to better clear the anchor. The bracket I made on this install are 4" long with the mount hole drilled at 3 1/2". We will see.

On Plane???? Isnt that illegal? If nothing else its an asshole move. Blinding all the other boaters. Some guy did thsi to me last 4th of July and i was tempted to throw a 4th of july surprise in his boat.

Wstandis":qxqta32o said:
Antidote":qxqta32o said:

On Plane???? Isnt that illegal? If nothing else its an asshole move. Blinding all the other boaters. Some guy did thsi to me last 4th of July and i was tempted to throw a 4th of july surprise in his boat.

Here we go with the name calling. No it’s not illegal. No one said anything about operating the light around other boats. I have radar and run it most of the time the engines are running anyway. I have it in case I need to find an unlit marker or even running offshore at night with no moon. Watch an episode of Deadliest Catch if you think it’s illegal.

I have this setup also and love the way it gives me vision without blinding me. As for blinding others, so will a spot light, that's why you don't use it when approaching others. I use mine when I need to see something like a buoy, another parked boat (not using lights), parking at a marina at night. Not when we are just cruising. Nice project, I hope to eventually switch mine over to LED sometime.

Back